$15.00
Dan Miller
Australia
Brisbane City
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Greetings gamers,

There have been a number of posts asking can you play without the app, will the app work for 1st edition, what level of compatibility exists, etc. Surely I'm not the only person who considers that the contents of 2E might be a good expansion for 1st edition? With tools like Strange Eons, it should be fairly simple to create new scenarios, I would think. Best of both worlds, in my opinion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flavio Santos
Brazil
Brasilia
Distrito Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysiek Domański
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do think it may be worth a shot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray PG
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmb
In the settings menu, you will select which games, from the original edition to expansions, the app should pull components from.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/7/28/a-haunt...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
soak man
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shappy1010 wrote:
In the settings menu, you will select which games, from the original edition to expansions, the app should pull components from.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/7/28/a-haunt...

I think he's talking about reversing it so that the tiles from 2E can be used to complement and create new scenarios for fans of 1E.

This much would be easily accomplished, but seeing as how combat and other mechanics will have changed (are stats on monsters even the same or produce equitable difficulty?), I doubt much else will translate without completely rehauling mechanics or details.

And I'm not sure Strange Eons is getting updates anymore which means the lovely map tile map generator will likely not be up to date with tiles from 2E. But theoretically you should be able to use them to make 1E scenarios.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bowles
United States
Depauw
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From what I've seen so far, using the app without 2 ed. would be almost impossible. You would have to proxy board tiles, monsters, investigators, cards, dice rolls, since you can't uncheck 2nd ed. in the app.
So, you will basically have to have 2nd ed. to use the app.

As far as using 2nd ed. as an expansion for 1st ed. I think would probably work fairly well. after all you would really only be adding the board tiles, monsters, and investigators to the 1st. ed. game system It looks like you might have to alter monster tokens and create investigator cards, but I expect those will be showing up in the file section in just a week or so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.