Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Draper
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
On what seems like a thirtieth re-reading of the original Avalon Hill rules, it struck me that off-board locations are not considered "cities". There are small (AKA dits), 2 small (AKA double-dits), large (normal cities), and 2 large (double-O) cities. Additionally, the rules state:

Avalon Hill rules wrote:
A route may begin or end at any city. The
”arrows” at which track enters the red hexagons may also form the start or finish of a route (or both if
different red hexagons are involved) but these red sections may not form part of the middle of a route (i.e.,
they cannot be run through).

This seems to preclude red off-board locations as being considered cities, leading to my rules question:

Can a corporation run a legal route between a city with the corporation's station marker and an off-board location with no other cities between?

I know that the standard answer is that you can run between two "revenue centers", but this isn't mentioned in the original rules or Steve Thomas's clarifications, and I'm wondering how this came to be the consensus.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Further down in 20.1 it says

Quote:
The large number on a train card indicates the length of route it may run in terms of the number of cities involved. Thus a 2 Train may only join two cities without any intermediate stops. (A train may not run ”through” a city without stopping.) Similarly a 5 Train may connect up to five different cities. A train may be used on a shorter route than the maximum allowed if desired or when a maximum route does not exist. Note also that the ”arrow” connections on the pink hexagons count as cities for the purpose of establishing a route.

(emphasis mine).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Draper
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
There it is! I knew it must be in there somewhere, but for some reason I missed that section.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.