Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Commissioned» Forums » Rules

Subject: Clarification on "Location or Region"? Stackable Stops? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Troutman
msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
The rules say that, unless otherwise stated, card effects apply to the Elder's pawn's location or region.

So, if the Elder acquires a new missionary from a Faith card, is the new missionary placed in the Elder's location or in their region?

And if a Trial causes Stops to be placed with no further notation, do they get placed in the Elder's location or their region; and what happens if the Elder's location already has that Stop? Does the new Stop stack in the Elder's location, or does it not and then go to another location in the same Region? What if the entire region already a Stop in every Location?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew MacLeod
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
There are twelve of us, Sire, and I place all the resources of my people unreservedly at your Majesty's disposal.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Chyron8472 wrote:

So, if the Elder acquires a new missionary from a Faith card, is the new missionary placed in the Elder's location or in their region?


The Elder's location. The only time the Faith card you play allows you to do something in the region is if the card actually says "region".

Chyron8472 wrote:
And if a Trial causes Stops to be placed with no further notation, do they get placed in the Elder's location or their region...?


The Elder's location.

Chyron8472 wrote:
...and what happens if the Elder's location already has that Stop? Does the new Stop stack in the Elder's location, or does it not and then go to another location in the same Region?


They start piling up in the Elder's location! cry
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Lysaght
msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Andrew is right! The default is the Elder's location. It is only the Elder's region of the trial or faith card says in the region. And, yes, stops can stack up in one location! Thanks for playing Commissioned! We hope yo enjoyed it!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Troutman
msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
WardenF16 wrote:
Andrew is right! The default is the Elder's location. It is only the Elder's region of the trial or faith card says in the region. And, yes, stops can stack up in one location! Thanks for playing Commissioned! We hope yo enjoyed it!
Oh, we loved it. Automatically in my top favorite games.

First time playing it yesterday, played it with my wife and she said "we should play again" immediately after (losing) the first time.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Lysaght
msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Great to hear! Good luck exploring the other Apostles and scenarios. Let us know if you have any more questions!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.