Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
M Taran
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I set up and began playing the first mission. All was going well, I found the torch as well as the dragon bile. I had already killed two necromancers and the abomination spawned in on a yellow activation.

All was going well, it was just a matter of closing in on the abomination and flaming the poor fella.

Then came the zombie spawn phase. early in the game I was able to close a spawn location. So I only had two to deal with. The first card in the yellow activation line stated "All standard walkers" the second card, same spawn location stated "All standard fattys," the game ended there. Am I really supposed to place all the walkers and all the fattys from the game on the board somehow? Please tell me I am being special and I am getting that wrong. OH, P.S. the card also stated "One extra activation."

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Fiala
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
No, no. These cards give an extra activation to every walker IN PLAY, not adding every walker you own to the board, and an extra activation to every fatty IN PLAY, not adding every fatty you own to the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Taran
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LOL thanks John!

Now I feel a bit silly, but it is counter balanced with my relief.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Incidentally, you might also be playing Necromancers wrong. Note that when they spawn, you add a new token to the board, and when they are killed you remove one token from the board. Thus, the total number of cards you usually draw during the End Phase will remain the same.

It is possible to change the layout to have fewer Zones, though. For example, having a Necromancer spawn at an existing Zone, then removing a different Zone. You would then have two tokens in one Zone and one token in a second, instead of three tokens in three different Zones. The Zone with two tokens will need two cards, as you draw one card per token.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Taran
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Clipper wrote:
Incidentally, you might also be playing Necromancers wrong. Note that when they spawn, you add a new token to the board, and when they are killed you remove one token from the board. Thus, the total number of cards you usually draw during the End Phase will remain the same.

It is possible to change the layout to have fewer Zones, though. For example, having a Necromancer spawn at an existing Zone, then removing a different Zone. You would then have two tokens in one Zone and one token in a second, instead of three tokens in three different Zones. The Zone with two tokens will need two cards, as you draw one card per token.

Thank you for the reply. It seems I have been playing that part correctly. I had a necromancer spawn in early at the top zone, I added his spawn token to that zone and drew a card for his accompanying zombies.

When I killed the necromancer I opted to remove the south spawn token altogether. This way I only had the North spawn zone with two tokens, and the east zone with one. That changed some as more necromancers spawned into the game.

I thought I won the first mission as I was able to kill at least one necromancer and the abomination, then I read I also needed to raid the lab. So Ill have to continue the fight Monday night.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.