Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Maertz
United States
Duluth
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
Our imperial player has a reward that can "Interrupt during an activation" to move a figure.

If you say you are attacking a figure and he moves around a corner to where you cant see him, what happens?
-Do you auto miss?
-Can you attack another target?
-Are you committed to attacking at all?
-Does the opponent get to even know the target of your attack before he intterupts? (aka, is declaring the target part of declaring an attack)

Reward is called Surveillance Operatives
Wakrob
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Roop
United States
Mendon
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The way my group has played it, the interrupting player announces his intent to interrupt when the acting player picks the figure to activate.

We point to or touch the figure we plan on activating and give a short time for them to decide and announce their intent. The interrupting player takes his action before. If there is a complicated interruption ability, we allow them to interrupt before each action of the figure. The can then freely "interrupt" the end of the activation if the desire.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's show the card text:

During an activation is literally any time, so yes, you could interrupt an attack that is in progress and has passed the declare target step. If the movement makes the attack invalid, the attack is cancelled, but any action or strain costs are still paid, as per the instructions for Interrupts in the RRG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Maertz
United States
Duluth
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
Yeah, I just found it on second reading in the reference guide. Thanks.

I read bad when being shot at!

Wakrob
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Maertz
United States
Duluth
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
Follow up question. Do you think you can interrupt an interrupt?

-Trooper attacks.
-I interrupt to attack the Trooper with Overwatch.
-Imperial uses card to interrupt my interrupt to move Trooper out of sight.

Legal?

Wakrob
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
CptBlood wrote:
Follow up question. Do you think you can interrupt an interrupt?

-Trooper attacks.
-I interrupt to attack the Trooper with Overwatch.
-Imperial uses card to interrupt my interrupt to move Trooper out of sight.

Legal?

Wakrob

If the Imperial interrupt triggers on a declared attack, yes. If it triggers on an attack action, no.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
If the trigger condition allows it, yes.

With the combination of Overwatch and Surveillance Operative, the movement points received from performing the move from Surveillance Operative would go to the currently activating figure's movement pool, and the figure cannot spend them immediately. Overwatch would then be able to perform the attack before the figure gets to spend the movement points. However, some other Trooper could get to perform a move from Surveillance Operative first outside of its activation and block the line of sight to the trooper that is activating. Overwatch would then not have line of sight anymore and the attack would abort.

Because Overwatch is already in progress, Loku may not be able to trigger it again when the other trooper performs a move even if Overwatch had another recon token on it. (But it would be rare, and I'm basing this on one other ruling I'm not 100% agreeing on myself. So beware, and just agree amongst the players.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you could interrupt an interrupt.

Surveillance Operatives would be usable this way as it is still during an activation even while that activation is interrupted.

As for Pasi's supposition of a second usage of Overwatch, I think that's actually possible. It's a second timing instance, so it should work, theoretically.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Fanjoy
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Note that this card is "deplete" rather than "exhaust," so the IP only gets to use it once per mission. Generating one attack is a pretty typical power level for a Deplete agenda card, so cancelling one attack also seems reasonable. You may get some useful movement out of it, but there are also some restrictions (attack has to be targetting a Trooper/Leader or you have to be able to move a Trooper/Leader to block the attack), so that kinda balances out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.