Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Frank
United States
Walnut Creek
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On the 9 Chariot card it says that when revealed if another player has played a chariot card that round then it gets removed. So if I have a chariot card and it doesn't win the fort, it stays up. Then my opponent in the next round plays a chariot card, does mine go away or just theirs? The rule book seems to imply all cards go away but the card implies it only goes away if it was revealed at the same time or after a chariot card was revealed by someone else before. Which also gets confusing if one has already been discared.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John McCloud
United States
Modesto
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the Kickstarter version from Vainglorious Games and in that version card powers only activate on the round they are played.

So if you played a 9 that stayed, and the next round an opponent plays a 9, both cards would stay. (Unless another 9 was played at the same time as your opponent's. Then both would go away but yours would stay.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Frank
United States
Walnut Creek
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TaijiJohn wrote:
I have the Kickstarter version from Vainglorious Games and in that version card powers only activate on the round they are played.

So if you played a 9 that stayed, and the next round an opponent plays a 9, both cards would stay. (Unless another 9 was played at the same time as your opponent's. Then both would go away but yours would stay.)

Then it becomes a question of round because it the rules it mentions that the round ends after the 6th card is revealed, but the description indicates that a round is when cards are revealed. What you are saying makes mores sense. I guess we misunderstood what a round is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John McCloud
United States
Modesto
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My version says there are 3 turns in each game with 6 rounds of card play in each turn. When a card is revealed during a round, its power is activated.

They probably altered the terminology in the new edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Frank
United States
Walnut Creek
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ya sounds like rounds and turns got mixed up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Vogel
United States
Hayward
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Only chariots that are revealed simultaneously get removed. A chariot that was left face up from a previous play does not get removed when new chariots come out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.