Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt McCallum
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm wondering if a species that has long neck, scavenger, or carnivore can end up with more than one food per population card if it doesn't also have the fat tissue trait.

So if I have a species with a population of 2 and the long neck trait can I take the three food from the excess food pile and place them all on the top population card and then feed the last population card from the watering hole? It says that a species isn't full until all its population cards have food but it doesn't say anything about one food being the max per card.

Thanks for the help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Currie
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Look, honey, he thinks there's honey in there!
badge
We can't all be Zheleznogorsk.
mbmbmbmbmb
The rule book comes closest to saying "only one per population" on page 7:

Rule Book wrote:
Each Population must eat 1 Food or it will starve at the end of your turn.

*snip*

Place the Food on the Food spaces, starting with the top Population card for each species.

So, if you've got a 2-pop Long Neck, it'll draw two Food Tokens from the Excess Food and the third won't be drawn since there is no Food space available. Fat Tissue is the only Trait that enables a species to eat a second Food for each Population.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
North Star Games designs party games that don't suck! Play them with your non-gamer friends over the holidays.
badge
First there was Hearts, then there was Spades, and now we bring you Clubs. The suit of clubs finally gets some respect!
mbmbmbmbmb
Official answer: see above post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.