United States
Fort Myers
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cetizens, here is the link to the final rulebook! I could not upload it to the files page due to its size. This is the version that will be in the game, which also includes the solo variant rules. Enjoy!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bfdnq74su1jzwio/TauCeti_Rulebook_v...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guilherme Pinto
Brazil
São Paulo
São Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Mike! I've just noted something strange while reading the rules today.

In the rules for moving through Cosmic Rays and Asteroid Fields it says I have to roll the dice and test my Shields and Computers.

But if I remember correctly, in the older version you tested Computers for Cosmic Rays, and Shields for Asteroid Fields, which feels logical to me. But in this version it is the other way around, Cosmic Rays->Shields and Asteroid Fields->Computers.

Have you guys changed it? If it is a mistake it is not so big, the rules are actually the same, just a change in the affected systems...

Really excited about the game, by the way! =P
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
guilhermefsp wrote:
But if I remember correctly, in the older version you tested Computers for Cosmic Rays, and Shields for Asteroid Fields, which feels logical to me. But in this version it is the other way around, Cosmic Rays->Shields and Asteroid Fields->Computers.

That seems more logical to me. You need shields to block the cosmic rays, and computers to maneuver through the asteroids.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Strickland
United States
Fort Myers
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
guilhermefsp wrote:
Hi Mike! I've just noted something strange while reading the rules today.

In the rules for moving through Cosmic Rays and Asteroid Fields it says I have to roll the dice and test my Shields and Computers.

Have you guys changed it? If it is a mistake it is not so big, the rules are actually the same, just a change in the affected systems...

Really excited about the game, by the way! =P

Hi Guilherme, thanks for your question and observation! We actually switched that mechanic on purpose, as it was suggested to us by several backers. As David mentioned, it was found to be more logical to use Shields to deflect cosmic energy; think of your Shields as gold reflecting infrared beams. The Computers are used to help you navigate around asteroids, like a program that can detect there motion as you move through them.

Anyway, thanks for catching that and glad you're excited about the game!

Cheers,

~Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip Millman
United States
Potomac
MD
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got my copy of Tau Ceti. Thanks! Is the link the Final Final rule book?

P
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Strickland
United States
Fort Myers
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great, Philip! Yes, the link is the final final rulebook.. at least the one that is in the game The 2nd edition will include just a few updates and clarifications though, which we're working on now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.