Popular Tags: [View All]
Ferdinand Köther
Germany
Bochum
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you use 2 support cards during the same turn (if the location fits)?

A bit confused about location - the rules say the character can help in the depicted locations only, but then even the author himself said in one post that you can always get the skill token, i. e. in any location, even if not depicted.

Not sure, if the author might be wrong about his own rules ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mário Sousa
Spain
Barcelona (currently)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Can you use 2 support cards during the same turn (if the location fits)?

I think there isn't anything in the rulebook that says that you can't use two support cards in the same turno (I have done it in some games).

Quote:
A bit confused about location - the rules say the character can help in the depicted locations only, but then even the author himself said in one post that you can always get the skill token, i. e. in any location, even if not depicted.

This confusion is because you are mixing character's special ability with skill icon.
The skill icon always apply. The special ability only applies in the main location if you are playing with the standard rules (if you are playing with the basic ones, any of the locations showed get you that ability).

I don't know that post from the author you're talking about, but it seems to me that maybe he wanted to say something like "you get the skill token in any of the depicted locations"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ferdinand Köther
Germany
Bochum
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Mario,
thanks for your comments - and, no, I'm not mixing up special ability with skill icon.

You are contradicting yourself - "the skill icon always applies" and then you think the author said something like "you get the skill token in any of the depicted locations".

So still I'm confused, because always is "always", not only in the depicted locations, but in any location ...

So how do you play it - use skill icon in all locations or in the depicted ones only?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mário Sousa
Spain
Barcelona (currently)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Firstly, sorry. I though you were mixing things.
Secondly, it seems that I wasn't clear.

What it is said in the rulebook, as you know I believe, is that the support cards can only be used in the locations depicted in the card (the only exception is the manager that as no location since he can be used in all of them).
When I said "the skill icon always applies" it was because I was already thinking only on the depicted locations, not in the all board. It always applies because you can only use the support cards in these locations.

If you think about the manager, once again, I think you could answer to yourself.
Quote:
Manager
No special ability. Thanks to his connections he can help you in any location by adding a virtual die.
(in rulebook)

If you could use the support cards in any place on the board, this power would be meaningless, because the manager only gives you the skill icon (after the virtual die).
All the other supporters have 3 locations where they can help and in one of them (the main location) they give you an extra thing. The manager don't have this.

EDIT (I forgot to answer):
I play the way I understand from the rulebook, that is that you only get the skill icon from the depicted locations because they are the only ones were you can use the support cards (ok I'm repeating myself now XD)

Do you remember were did you see that post from the author you're talking about? Maybe I could see it and see if there was some misunderstood part.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Izdebski
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi, I'm author's friend and I can confirm that what Mario says is entireley correct. If you have any further questions just ask and I will try to answer them as clearly as I can.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ferdinand Köther
Germany
Bochum
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, Adam, that's how we played it now and it makes sense, just as Mario also said. "Always" just means in all locations depicted, and not in any other ones.

As you are "here" , one other question, don't need to start a new thread for this.
If you take a Scandal card, you cannot get rid of it in the same turn, that's what Krzysztof said in one thread. I guess that does not only apply to the action "discard a Scandal card", but also to the action "pass a Scandal card to another player" as well as the special ability to pass a Scandal card to another player, right?

Oh, one more. Turbo on tour - several players can use this during the same round, but only the first profits from any Turbo counters there, right? Of course, until another player may play a gig during this same round, some new Turbo counters may have entered that action space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.