GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

8,551 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Day Life
msg tools
Right.. so 70% or w/e of the players will never buy into this game as it is a collectable format... fine.

Still, no one seams to be talking about the other elephant in the room... "Are those stickers on the die faces?".... cause I think we all know how well that works... . .. spoiler - it doesn't.

Anyone know?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
Shepherdsville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep we do know if it's stickers or not, it's literally all over the forums and in their press release.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enrique G.
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FFG has stated that those are not stickers. The images are actually printed on the dice, and a clear coat applied for protection.
I guess this process is supposed to be better than stickers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Day Life
msg tools
hmm.... screen printed eh? Yeah.. that is slightly better but depends. I have some dice that are fine and others that chip almost instantly.

Think regardless I have to wait until a few months in and see what people say is happening with these die.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh B
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmb
Considering they went out of their way to hype the dice quality in the announcement press release, I do not have any concerns with dice quality here. Happy to eat my words in a few months if I'm wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott M.
United States
Winter Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Holy shit folks.. Read FFG's Press release...

FROM FFG's site...

Quote:

What makes the dice different?

Unlike many games, the dice in Star Wars: Destiny do not use stickers. Instead, the dice are plastic-injected like normal dice and rolled in a tumbler to add a fine, smooth polish to every die. The images on each side are then physically heat-pressed onto the dice, essentially printing the artwork directly onto the plastic. Finally, the die is covered in a scratch-resistant coating, allowing you to roll these dice without their quality deteriorating.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
atraangelis wrote:
Holy shit folks.. Read FFG's Press release...

FROM FFG's site...

Quote:

What makes the dice different?

Unlike many games, the dice in Star Wars: Destiny do not use stickers. Instead, the dice are plastic-injected like normal dice and rolled in a tumbler to add a fine, smooth polish to every die. The images on each side are then physically heat-pressed onto the dice, essentially printing the artwork directly onto the plastic. Finally, the die is covered in a scratch-resistant coating, allowing you to roll these dice without their quality deteriorating.

Also in that quote
Finally, the die is covered in a scratch-resistant coating, allowing you to roll these dice without their quality deteriorating.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Middleton
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What if you roll them really hard, or on sandpaper...or into lava?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Day Life
msg tools
printed dice are hit and miss, it is rare for them to be good. FFG have a good rep but I just have no confidence in printed dice. I'll have to wait for others to see how it works out. The only printed dice that do not scratch in my experience are dice that do not get used.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Middleton
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
But these are not printed dice.

They are not the same as paint on a die surface.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brenten Petersen
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.