Subject: STGCON 2016 - Aug. 5th - 7th (southern Utah) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Knight of Anjou
United States
St. George
Utah
flag msg tools
If GenCon isn't in your budget, come have fun with us at STGCON next weekend! Check us out at www.stgcon.org for all the details!

Lots of play-to-wins, tournaments, vendors, and a few Giant games to boot!

While GenCon announces the latest and greatest from the big publishers, we bring the small publishers to you! Find out what's new and exciting from Iron Maul Entertainment, Lunar Powered Games, Pot Luck Games, and many others!

STGCON 2016 - August 5th - 7th in St. George, Utah

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Schulatz
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
Look, I have overtext!
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a forum (or should this be it) for BGGers to try and organize some games at the con?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rico Cordova
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
mb
We're attending again this year. I'm looking forward to a weekend of scheduled games and the flea market/game trade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ricomoss wrote:
We're attending again this year. I'm looking forward to a weekend of scheduled games and the flea market/game trade.

I'm really glad I went to Bryce Con that one year. However, I couldn't do it anymore being 7+ hours away. With a 2 hour driving time savings, I didn't mind considering doing this to be able to catch up with some of those folks (AFAIK, many of the same people at Bryce Con also go to this), but I'm likely to be on travel at that time. Have to let this one go for next year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Schulatz
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
Look, I have overtext!
mbmbmbmbmb
ricomoss wrote:

Hey Rico. My wife and I are attending and I checked out your game collection to see if we had any overlap in interests. If you would like to teach us a game or two (Great Western Trail) or play one we both know (Smallworld) or have us teach you one (check my game collection) let me know!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rico Cordova
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
mb
Wayne Schulatz wrote:
ricomoss wrote:

Hey Rico. My wife and I are attending and I checked out your game collection to see if we had any overlap in interests. If you would like to teach us a game or two (Great Western Trail) or play one we both know (Smallworld) or have us teach you one (check my game collection) let me know!

Hello, Wayne. I'd be down to teach a game or two (or three). As soon as we are able to start scheduling games I'm going to put up a few. I'm definitely going to be teaching New Bedford w/ Rising Tide expansion. I could easily be convinced to add Great Western Trail and Energy Empire to that.

Any info on where to sign-up to teach/play scheduled games?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Schulatz
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
Look, I have overtext!
mbmbmbmbmb
ricomoss wrote:
Wayne Schulatz wrote:
ricomoss wrote:

Hello, Wayne. I'd be down to teach a game or two (or three). As soon as we are able to start scheduling games I'm going to put up a few. I'm definitely going to be teaching New Bedford w/ Rising Tide expansion. I could easily be convinced to add Great Western Trail and Energy Empire to that.

Any info on where to sign-up to teach/play scheduled games?

Not yet. I was just referring to casually getting together to play. But keep me updated!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rico Cordova
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
mb
Wayne Schulatz wrote:

Not yet. I was just referring to casually getting together to play. But keep me updated!

Oh, in that case, let's plan for it. Great Western Trail, you say?

Have you played World's Fair 1893, Imperial Settlers, Between Two Cities or Roll for the Galaxy? Would you be interested in any of those?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Schulatz
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
Look, I have overtext!
mbmbmbmbmb
ricomoss wrote:
Wayne Schulatz wrote:

Oh, in that case, let's plan for it. Great Western Trail, you say?

Have you played World's Fair 1893, Imperial Settlers, Between Two Cities or Roll for the Galaxy? Would you be interested in any of those?

I haven't played any of those but I am interested in trying everything.

I'm starting to feel bad, though! Let me know if you'd like to learn anything I have!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rico Cordova
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
mb
Wayne Schulatz wrote:

I'm starting to feel bad, though! Let me know if you'd like to learn anything I have!

My wife and I are interested in learning Egizia and/or Elysium. Are you up to teach those?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Schulatz
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
Look, I have overtext!
mbmbmbmbmb
ricomoss wrote:
Wayne Schulatz wrote:

My wife and I are interested in learning Egizia and/or Elysium. Are you up to teach those?

Easily and happily!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Schulatz
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
Look, I have overtext!
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, I am thinking about signing up to teach a game but I want to see if anyone is interested first. My options to teach are:

Scythe
Sid Meier's Civilization: The Board Game
Runewars (the board game, not miniatures game)

If anyone might be interested in learning any of these games, please let me know!

...I realize this is the 2016 forum...maybe I should start a new one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Knight of Anjou
United States
St. George
Utah
flag msg tools
Hey guys, I know by now you guys figured out how to sign up, so I'll just post a new thread for this year, and I think it would be a great place for people to talk and make plans!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.