$15.00
$5.00
$20.00
SmasterT SmasterT
msg tools
- The Jungle is completely scrapped and not used at all.

- Players now receive only 3 Scouts/2 Forts/1 Settlements for their reserve.

- Tolls are now 1 Gold for Forts & 3 Gold for Settlements.

- Scouts now return to their controlling player's reserve on scoring like Forts & Settlements.

- Players do not receive pieces(Scout/Fort/Settlement) back until a island is scored. Given the limited supply of pieces, if a player does not have any pieces in their reserve to play, they simply cannot play a piece.

- Like cities in Carcassonne, when adding to islands that are already formed that have a piece on them, they cannot have a piece placed on them by any player(including the player who has the piece already on the island). Tiles that are part of the island are ones that connect horizontally & vertically. A diagonally adjacent tile that is not already connected through a horizontal & vertical connection is considered not connected.

The idea (in addition to scoring smaller islands and getting your pieces back to your reserve quickly) is to fight for position over larger islands by discovering island tiles around the larger island, placing a piece on them, and having them fill in & connect to that larger island.

Everything else is the same as in the rulebook. I have tried this out a couple of times and it makes the game a lot of fun. If anyone else tries this please let me know how it goes and if you have anything you would change.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Koff
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Check out my "What's Next?" blog.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds interesting. But shouldn't this go in the Variants forum?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew MacLeod
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
There are twelve of us, Sire, and I place all the resources of my people unreservedly at your Majesty's disposal.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it would be easier to simply play Carcassonne! Carcassonne was published just a year or two after Entdecker, and I've always suspected that it was meant as a dumbed-down version of Entdecker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SmasterT SmasterT
msg tools
spindoc wrote:
Sounds interesting. But shouldn't this go in the Variants forum?

Thanks, I didn't notice there was a Variants Forum.

amacleod wrote:
I think it would be easier to simply play Carcassonne! Carcassonne was published just a year or two after Entdecker, and I've always suspected that it was meant as a dumbed-down version of Entdecker.

The setup of this variant is slightly less setup than a normal game of Entdecker. I personally prefer to play a single game of 7 Wonders than multiple of Sushi Go. I am finding that is the same as with this version of Entdecker and Carcassonne respectively.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.