$30.00
Stephen M
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

NEXT SESSION >>> Wednesday August 3, 2016.
GAMES >>> There are usually 50-100 games to choose from.
WHERE? >>> THE LOUNGE of the Canadian Legion Branch 351 - Centertown, 330 Kent Street (The Montgomery Legion)
WHEN? >>> Gaming starts at 6pm and goes until 10
PARKING: Kent and Somerset have parking, as well as the nearest side streets which are Gilmour, Maclaren, Cooper and Lisgar.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen M
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Joe, please bring Above and Below again this week. Thanks
- Stephen

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe H
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will do!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe H
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another good crowd at the Montgomery Legion last night.

Alain, Frank, Danny and Steve L started out with Automobiles, a cube building racing game. In this game your "deck" consists of a bag of cubes, with each color cube representing a different action card (some of which change from game to game). As you race around the track you gain "wear" which act as dead cards in your "deck" but you can get rid of this wear in several possible ways. As in many deck builders, the game started with small movements around the track but as we built our bag of cubes, movement became much faster with lots of big combos leading to big movements around the track. There was lots of jockeying for the lead and Alain crossed the finish line one turn before I could have crossed the line and sped halfway around the track. This is a fun deckbuilder and the spatial element of moving around the track and trying to balance maximize your movement with avoiding taking on wear and spending unused cubes to further crafting your deck adds a lot of interest to the deckbuilding.

Next, we pulled out Jamaica, a light pirate racing game. There were a fair number of battles. I won a battle against Alain and stole his treasure (+7 VPs) then picked up another +7 VP treasure. Steve then proceeded to steal one of them for me. I picked up a curse (a -4 VP chip, ugh) and proceeded to make very little progress. Later Alain and I had a civilized battle by growling at each other and then agreeing to part friends. Meanwhile, Danny was chugging along and picking up a treasure or two. He crossed the finish line first, scoring 15 points for the victory with his curses, treasure and gold. Me? Well, it was as if I never left port. I finished with 0 VPs thanks to a third battle with Alain in which he robbed one of my holds with 6 gold.

Finally, Frank and Danny taught Alain and I Blueprints, a light dice drafting/building game. Danny scored big in both rounds, completing his blueprints, winning at least one of the "architecture" cards and scoring enough points to grab one of the top two round awards. Alain came in second with an architecture card or two. I could only manage a couple of bronze round awards and Frank won a silver round award.

Other games I saw played included Québec, Through the Desert, Above and Below and Splendor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.