Subject: Car Wars 6th Edition officially pushed back to 2017 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Magic Octopus
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
badge
"...that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the the field of battle - victorious."
mbmbmbmbmb
Like Phil Reed has said before in another thread, the core game is ready, but they aren't prepared to support it fully yet. There was no exact date on the announcement, but lots of interesting details about the new version of the game.

http://www.sjgames.com/ill/archive/August_01_2016/Car_Wars_D...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Confused. If they Kickstarted it out now, they would still have the lead time to produce the game. shake

-Ski
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Game Steward
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Teamski wrote:
Confused. If they Kickstarted it out now, they would still have the lead time to produce the game. shake

-Ski

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that SJG plans to treat the Kickstarter as a pre-order campaign. They don't need the money to produce the game. In fact, they want the entire game line (for the next year or two, anyway) to be developed before launching the Kickstarter. I expect fulfillment will occur within 4-6 months after the campaign ends, and will hit retail simultaneously.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Linden
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
but but but no one ever uses KS as a pre-order! That isn't what it is for!

Or so I've been told.

whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Reed
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Teamski wrote:

-Ski

We refuse to set ourselves up for failure. It's better to wait until everything is ready to go so that we're not immediately behind when the Kickstarter project closes.

We're willing to take our time and do this right. Getting the project funding into this year would be great, sure, but not if it leaves us potentially behind at the start of the new year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walters
United States
Hercules
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

"It's only late until it ships, if it stinks it stinks forever."

I have other games to play. I want this one, but I can play the others until this one is great. Whether it's some random Kickstarter, software or a game I lived without it, I can live without it a little longer. I don't understand the "I want it now, I'm sure it's good enough".

I really, really want Car Wars 6E, but I don't think I'm alone in having a stack of games I haven't played yet or haven't played enough yet. I'll still have money left when The Stars Are Right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamel Rha
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
andreww wrote:

"It's only late until it ships, if it stinks it stinks forever."

I have other games to play. I want this one, but I can play the others until this one is great. Whether it's some random Kickstarter, software or a game I lived without it, I can live without it a little longer. I don't understand the "I want it now, I'm sure it's good enough".

I really, really want Car Wars 6E, but I don't think I'm alone in having a stack of games I haven't played yet or haven't played enough yet. I'll still have money left when The Stars Are Right.

Same situation here. I will have a ton of KS board games that will be delivered in the following months. I can totally afford the wait.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Car Wars sixth edition features plastic car miniatures at HO scale.

Since you got time to wait, you got time to scratchbuild! laugh

http://buildpaintplay.blogspot.com/2015/06/build-car-wars-an...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Game Steward
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PhilReed wrote:
Teamski wrote:

-Ski

We refuse to set ourselves up for failure. It's better to wait until everything is ready to go so that we're not immediately behind when the Kickstarter project closes.

We're willing to take our time and do this right. Getting the project funding into this year would be great, sure, but not if it leaves us potentially behind at the start of the new year.

Phil, any chance that Scott will write up a "Designer's Diary." I think a LOT of us would love to know how this edition came to be.

I know there will be a lot of critics who want the old Car Wars, but I think a lot more of us are looking forward to the newer faster playing version of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Reed
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GreenLaborMike wrote:
Phil, any chance that Scott will write up a "Designer's Diary." I think a LOT of us would love to know how this edition came to be.

I certainly hope so. I'm going to write a few more session reports once I survive Gen Con and free some time in my schedule.

"Years of hard work" is the short answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elstree
United States
Tempe
AZ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bump. Any updates on when this launches? Will there be presence at GenCon? Demos or minis on display, perhaps?

I am really, really stoked about this new edition! Everything I read about fun over physics, cinematic realism, and a dozen factions featuring HO-scale plastic cars is spot on!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Holden
United Kingdom
York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Latest post on SJG forum says not in 2017

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.