8 Posts

Warhammer: Diskwars» Forums » Variants

Subject: New Orc & Goblin units rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tomas Olvmyr
Sweden
flag msg tools
So i decided to merge the threads into separate threads for the different races. I will post all Orc % Goblin content here from now on.

Squig Lobber

Here is a "variant" for the orc Rock Lobber. I am mainly going for some flavour, and i am not trying to create something revolutionary.

The 4 in counter attack is not going to come into play very often. But then again who wants to come Close to a herd of crazy squigs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Bottorff
msg tools
mb
Re: Squig Lobber (UM)
I'm just going to note, that I would much rather you put multiple works into a single topic rather than creating a new topic for each an every disk.

As for this thing, I don't have much comment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Olvmyr
Sweden
flag msg tools
Skarsnik and Gobbla
A fourth hero for the Orcs and Goblins.

Not so tough but can recruit a large regiment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Olvmyr
Sweden
flag msg tools
Snotling Pump Wagon
Here is another one. It is very chaotic, but i think that is the general idea when it comes to goblins/snotlings.

Is it clear enough that it moves 1d6 and not 106?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Olvmyr
Sweden
flag msg tools
Snotlings

Feel free to post any thoughts. Might work with the Squig Lobber.

Grymme

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Bottorff
msg tools
mb
So in the other thread you asked me how to break the snottlings. I don't think that the tactic I'm about to outline is broken considering how stat inefficient snottlings are, and the availability of obvious counters, but this tactic is potent enough that I'd certainly be cautious about making them any stronger stronger.

The primary tactic I see is to use them for the ability to massively delay committing which can give you quite a bit of control. You can run a set of cards with few activations and thus when the last card comes, your enemies forces will almost all be activated while you'll have only activated 6-7 of your disks. This forces your opponent to either have to hard commit early in the turn, or to hang back out of range (and if that last card for you is eager troops that's quite a bit of range). If you force your opponent to hard commit you are a little weak but you should only be having to deal with their fastest troops. If you force your enemy to stay back you are still relatively free to reposition and give them the same option next turn.
--If they neither hard commit nor get out of range however, on that last card you can move in with all the rest of your disks including a mob of expendable snottlings. You should have enough power to pick off a couple disks and then on the next turn you have a potent threat. On the first card, it doesn't matter how few activations you have on the card you are threatening to be able to pin all of the most critical enemy forces on the first card, possibly even if they go first (if your threats are spread out enough that they can't multi-pin them, they can lock down only 3 threats and then you can pin one disk per snotling.

A possible two regiment list that uses snottlings for this effect might look something like this:

Azhag (33/33)
Snotlings x3
Rock Lobber
Orc Boyz x2

Grom the Paunch (35/35)
Snotlings x3
Stonefang Shaman
Black Orcs x2 (possibly swap one out for another shaman)

>Brain Bursta, Arcane Attack, Lure, Inspire (possibly swap out arcane attack for eager troops or even strength of Gork, though that does add another activation).

If you need a couple more activations so that you don't have to move all the snottlings early you could switch out a couple for night goblins.
-----

In any case, I don't think that this is too strong, however, if snotlings were even a little bit stronger it could be a serious pain for some armies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Olvmyr
Sweden
flag msg tools
NIGHT GOBLIN FANATICS
Now here is a unit i struggled with, both to create and to formulate rulewise. The idea is that the fanatics jump out of Another goblin unit and tries to pin an enemy unit, if the roll a scatter the disk itself scatters and pins Another unit (that can be a friendly disk).

The goblins are very cheap, but i Think they are very situational.

To cheap? Or are there any strange rule glitches?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Olvmyr
Sweden
flag msg tools
I am thinking that archers are probably a good counter to a snotling exploation list. A couple of huntsmen for example could probably put up a good fight to this list.

But i can see your snotling list messing up an unaware list good

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.