11 Posts

Star Wars: Rebellion» Forums » General

Subject: sign of an eccentric classic rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
stuart cudahy
Australia
flag msg tools
Everything has to go right for a rebel win, it is hard. I guess 95 percent of the movies, the empire was winning. After a few wins under your belt as the empire I guarantee you will beg to play the rebels, the ultimate underdog and hope for Luke in a Y wing and a death star to blow up. This game is full of chrome and can do that. Stu

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Hay
United States
Owensboro
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have played both roles and won every game I've played. Some people say Rebels win every time and some people say the Empire has an unfair advantage. That's a good sign it's balanced.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schneider
Germany
Fürth
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In my first game I won with the rebels. Today will be my second, with the Empire this time. We'll see.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Out of 5 games I've played - Empire won 3 times, Rebels won 2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norm Elder
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So far seems balanced. Four games played here, Rebels won 2 and the Empire won 2.

Of course there is always the dice factor... I was rolling all the dice and had a horrible roll. That roll was pivotal as I would had turned Leia to the dark side and would have captured another Rebel leader in that same round since there was no one left to oppose Vader. This turned the tide toward the Rebels victory for that particular game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schafer
United States
Prior Lake
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've seen the rebels win 3 times and surrender three times. None of my opponents have actually stuck it out to see the base go boom.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Umstattd
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
All Hail Lelouch
mbmbmbmb
A poll was conducted by FFG which said it was balanced. A poll was conducted on BBG that said it was balanced with a slight tilt towards rebels.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schneider
Germany
Fürth
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Update:
After the second game Rebels vs. Imperium came to 1:1

The only thing that seems to be unbalanced is me. Since my streak is 2:0.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stuart cudahy
Australia
flag msg tools
David Umstattd wrote:
A poll was conducted by FFG which said it was balanced. A poll was conducted on BBG that said it was balanced with a slight tilt towards rebels.

This game is new for me, 6 games maybe. My perception is changing. There are cardwise ways to stop darth capturing rebel leaders. I am learning every game. Playtesting deserves recognition with this company, my first response was wrong. No real surprise with that. Just a knee jerk response for a lot of fun. Stu

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Three Headed Monkey
Australia
flag msg tools
In our first game the Rebels got stomped and my group and I were afraid that the game might be too hard as the Rebels. Now that we've gotten better we feel like it may be harder winning as the Imperials. Although we still don't have the strategy down. It's a deep game. I think it will take a few more sessions still for us to 'get' everything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheng
Taiwan
Taipei City
n/a
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Three Headed Monkey wrote:
In our first game the Rebels got stomped and my group and I were afraid that the game might be too hard as the Rebels. Now that we've gotten better we feel like it may be harder winning as the Imperials. Although we still don't have the strategy down. It's a deep game. I think it will take a few more sessions still for us to 'get' everything.

I have won as Rebel three times and Imperial one times. My hardest fought game was the one where the Imperial has successfully subjugated roughly 2/3 of the System. At one point I can't even deploy my ships as I only have the Rebel base and one other system (I think it was Bothawui?) to deploy my troops. I sniped the DS from the Base with my fleet, and than fulfill another objective before the Imperial can gather his forces to crush me. (If you're interested I have submitted a session report.)

Really, there's always hope for the Rebel, and the Imperial have to be very efficient in locating and getting to the Rebel Base in time. My last game, the Imperial has located the base when Emperor himself came to visit Ryloth the court them to his side. Even then, I have managed to destroy 4 ISD and several Assault Carriers during the whole game that the Imperial didn't have ways to mobilize his ground troops. Even as he has maybe 4 or more unit all gathered in Geonosis, Utapau, and Bothawui, he didn't have ships to transport them to the Rebel base.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.