Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bekil
Germany
Erding
Deutschland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So the german Version of the game will cost 14,95 for the starter and 2,95 per Booster.

I think the Booster is a bit on the expensive side. Dicemaster Boosters cost around 1,40 for 2 dice and 2 Cards vs. 1 die and 5 cards.

I think thats not a good deal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nushura
Japan
Sendai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
are the dice the same? AFAIK Dicemaster are engraved 16mm dice. From what we see the dice in this game are bigger and harder to make. You can't just compare numbers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
August Larson
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The Dicemaster cards were also garbage quality. These FFG cards are bound to be better considering their past games. Additionally, these cards need to go in a deck that gets shuffled. The Dice Master cards just sat on the table, so quality wasn't too important.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard A. Edwards
United States
Lacey
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with all posters.

The dice are larger, have more art, and printed on the plastic in a more expensive process.

The cards are likely to be a higher quality card stock.

The boosters are more expensive than Dicemasters, by quite a factor!

If one of the reasons that Dicemasters is successful is the low cost of boosters, will Destiny be able to tap into that same market?

Regardless of justifying the cost of boosters, ultimately it will come down to whether or not players feel the $3/pack cost is worth it or not.

If you only get 1 die (even if it's beautiful) and 5 cards (even if they're sturdy), is that worth $3/pack?

Only time and sales reports will tell.

My guess is that the higher than Dicemasters cost of boosters will result in lower sales, but it is Star Wars and a design by Lukas Litzsinger. So who knows?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brain
United States
Belvidere
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another thing to keep in mind is that the 1 Die per pack in Destiny will correlate to a rare or legendary card in the game. You are guaranteed that it won't be a "garbage" die for a common card. Now it may be a card you already have or one you're not excited about, but it still is a "rare".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven T
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kamekkusu wrote:
Another thing to keep in mind is that the 1 Die per pack in Destiny will correlate to a rare or legendary card in the game. You are guaranteed that it won't be a "garbage" die for a common card. Now it may be a card you already have or one you're not excited about, but it still is a "rare".

like a BB-8 that everyone has in their starter decks already.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.