Australia
Clyde North
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
G'day,
I'm sure this is fairly obvious, but on card 29, it states site a point for each caterpillar or mushroom in your tree.
Do you get a point for all the caterpillars and all the mushrooms or just one or the other. The wording had been interpreted as both ways at our table tonight and just wanted to get some clarification.
Thanks for your time everyone!
Cheers,
Ben
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 Lucky Texan
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have that card in front of me, but most of those 'type' scoring opportunities in the game, is the LESSER of 2 features - so, if your tree (which includes the trunk card BTW) had 5 Mushrooms and 3 Caterpillars, the score would be 3.

If you had 5 Mushrooms and NO caterpillars - the score is zero. So, striving for a balance between those 2 features should be a priority.

oops(we've never played with the Sprout cards) - see below
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Little
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
This is one of the Sprout kodama. It is diferent because it doesn't say "whichever is fewer." I can see your confusion in the wording. It should be played as "score 1 point for each caterpillar and each mushroom." You would score for both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Boersma
Australia
Clyde North
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Nick, we did play correctly in the end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Little
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
No problem. Happy to help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.