$15.00
$30.00
$20.00
$5.00
Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Dark Dealings» Forums » Rules

Subject: Do you NEED to take the booster's +1 attack value ability? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Peckham
England
Dorking
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So, an interesting question came up in our last game on Saturday (we played three games in a row), and I was wondering if I could get a clarification.

We had a player who came up against a Thief (Armour 3) that was only vulnerable to traps. They had taken a defence card (Attack 3) specifically for this hero, but glazed over the fact that it had the booster ability, giving it +1 attack for every other card of the same type. They had two other trap cards, effectively making it an Attack 5 (and unable to defeat the Thief).

My question is, did they HAVE to take the +1s from the other traps, or could they choose to ignore them in this case? Having extra strength wouldn't matter to any hero but the thief...

Depending on the ruling, it would be the difference between this person clearing two heroes, or all eight...

Thanks.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael D. Kelley
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry to say that you MUST use the booster's bonus.

Thieves are most likely to be the death of me in the game, but they are so tempting with their low armor value!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The card does not say that you may add +1. It says add +1. So to me it's mandatory, and your friend could not defeat the thief. When we use this card, we pay extra attention to deplete our other defenses before the thief shows up
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Peckham
England
Dorking
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for the replies. Good to know that this player came last that game instead of first. *evil laugh*

I am really enjoying this game, it was a surprise hit on Saturday (although I am terrible at it). Thanks for making such a clever little card game!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
velvetvoulge wrote:
I am really enjoying this game, it was a surprise hit on Saturday (although I am terrible at it). Thanks for making such a clever little card game!


It's becoming our couple game too in lieu of 7 Wonders Duel and Ascension

Thieves usually are the death of my girlfriend I've learned to toy around them and to prepare for them. Only to get crushed by Wizards in the meantime
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Gousis
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Razoupaf wrote:
velvetvoulge wrote:
I am really enjoying this game, it was a surprise hit on Saturday (although I am terrible at it). Thanks for making such a clever little card game!


It's becoming our couple game too in lieu of 7 Wonders Duel and Ascension

Thieves usually are the death of my girlfriend I've learned to toy around them and to prepare for them. Only to get crushed by Wizards in the meantime


Awesome. Glad you guys are enjoying the game so much. Sorry for the Thieves, if it is any condolence I hate them too devil
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael D. Kelley
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Razoupaf, have you and your wife gotten a chance to try the co-op variant?

I haven't heard any comments on it, and was wondering if people liked it!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
GameMasterX0 wrote:
Razoupaf, have you and your wife gotten a chance to try the co-op variant?

I haven't heard any comments on it, and was wondering if people liked it!


Not yet! She's not much of a cooperative gamer and she doesn't feel like trying it for now. She's still trying to figure out a strategy to win against me

But I'm trying subliminal messages.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.