Popular Tags: [View All]
Evan Beach
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone heard confirmation on when pre-orders from Plaidhat will be shipped / delivered?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheBeach0 wrote:
Has anyone heard confirmation on when pre-orders from Plaidhat will be shipped / delivered?

They're going to have it at Gencon. My experience with my Plaid Hat preorders the last two years for Gencon releases is you'll likely get it on the week or within two weeks of Gencon.

However, that was before the F2Z acquisition... and now the Asmodee acquisition. So YMMV.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Beach
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is what I am hoping for, but was wondering if folks have had confirmation from Rob or PH...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AJ Harris
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
They have tentatively said late August/early September. Many people feel like they're promising later so as not to have a riot if they don't meet a specific deadline, but I really don't know. I'd say, just expect September and be pleasantly surprised if it shows up tomorrow, haha.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Pishnery
United States
Lakewood
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmb
TheBeach0 wrote:
That is what I am hoping for, but was wondering if folks have had confirmation from Rob or PH...

There's no confirmation to answer this question, just a lot of "late August/September" responses in various places, mostly Twitter.

PS. Cosmere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Beach
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So basically anywhere from any day to 2 months from now. Great.

kpishnery wrote:
TheBeach0 wrote:

There's no confirmation to answer this question, just a lot of "late August/September" responses in various places, mostly Twitter.

PS. Cosmere.

Nice to see someone finally get my reference! Can't wait for Stormlight 3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Pishnery
United States
Lakewood
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmb
If it helps, they started out strictly saying September, now they are saying late August/September, so that makes me believe they got increasingly better news. I'm betting first week or so of September.

Mistborn game will be here before Stormlight 3, so that's slightly more relevant to these forums. Also, a Lift story this fall.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura Blachek
United States
charlotte hall
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheBeach0 wrote:
So basically anywhere from any day to 2 months from now. Great.

kpishnery wrote:
TheBeach0 wrote:

PS. Cosmere.

Nice to see someone finally get my reference! Can't wait for Stormlight 3.

You and me both.... Stormlight 3 delayed until 2017 hurts more than hearing about delays for 7th Continent...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Rice
United States
Chino
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm okay with waiting another month for the game but I'm hoping after GenCon someone puts up a (spoiler-free) unboxing of SeaFall so I can drool at what's inside.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Pishnery
United States
Lakewood
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmb
Copies have arrived at Gen Con, apparently.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Rice
United States
Chino
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
They won't last a half hour. Even though GC peeps get them early I wouldn't want to do the mad dash to get my copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AJ Harris
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Should we try to math this up? It says 4 "pcs"/ctn on the box, and also says Total Number of "Pieces": 13 on the sticker. My guess is one of those pieces means games and one of the pieces means boxes, haha. So 4x13? 52 copies for sale at GenCon. That's even less than I thought!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq Starforged
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The most recent official answer I've seen regarding preorder ship dates, from PHG support:

"While I do not have a specific date, we intend to start fulfilling US preorders in late August/early September. After that, it should reach retailers in a month or so. again, these are all rough estimates."

So sounds to me like early-to-mid October for orders from anyone other than PHG (after adding some shipping time from the retailer). But that's all estimated.

And yeah, sounds like 52 copies to me -- assuming there aren't multiple pallets, each with a dozen or so crates or 4 games. I choose to hope for the latter. Of course, it might well be that fewer will be for sale. For example, some might be used as demo copies or prizes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am pretty sure they said 300 or 400 copies in the last podcast but I may be misremembering.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq Starforged
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
XDarkAngelX wrote:
I am pretty sure they said 300 or 400 copies in the last podcast but I may be misremembering.

That would be a LOT better than 52 (or less)! Hope you're right...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Pishnery
United States
Lakewood
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmb
Never having been to Gen Con (but knowing it's much bigger than Origins), is 300-400 copies a little or a lot? When they said limited copies, I imagined 100-200, maybe. Then again, it's a big game so I guess limited is relative.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian K
msg tools
The pre-order page still has it listed as being assembled at the manufacturer. If that's accurate, I'm guessing late September is more likely for pre-orders.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
kpishnery wrote:
Never having been to Gen Con (but knowing it's much bigger than Origins), is 300-400 copies a little or a lot? When they said limited copies, I imagined 100-200, maybe. Then again, it's a big game so I guess limited is relative.

Last year Gen Con had more than 60,000 attendees. If that remains constant and they have 400 copies, then only 0.67% of people attending will get a copy. Now, maybe only 2% of people want a copy, but I'd guess there will be plenty who want one but don't get one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Rice
United States
Chino
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Based on what it says on the PHG website, I would be surprised if they have 300 copies.

Quote:
SeaFall: SeaFall will be demoed (we'll be demoing a tweaked version of the prologue) and we'll have a VERY limited number of copies for sale.

Dead of Winter: The Long Night: The standalone Dead of Winter expansion will be demoed and for sale at our booth as well. We'll have a lot more of this than we will of SeaFall, but still... If you want it, hurry. (But be safe!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KoalaXav wrote:
Based on what it says on the PHG website, I would be surprised if they have 300 copies.

Quote:
SeaFall: SeaFall will be demoed (we'll be demoing a tweaked version of the prologue) and we'll have a VERY limited number of copies for sale.

Dead of Winter: The Long Night: The standalone Dead of Winter expansion will be demoed and for sale at our booth as well. We'll have a lot more of this than we will of SeaFall, but still... If you want it, hurry. (But be safe!)

I might have been confused by their talk about how many Dead of Winter and Ashes copies they sold in previous years. Note that they sold out on DoW first day in like maybe 4 hours with that many copy and the buzz was not as high as Seafall. I'm thinking they could sold out *real* quick.

"Very limited" seems to confirm the 52 number to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Waterman
United States
Commerce Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This game won't become available (except possibly a very limited number of copies at GenCon) until at least September 1st. Anybody care to wager against that statement? I'm always happy to make easy money....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq Starforged
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
montebanc wrote:
This game won't become available (except possibly a very limited number of copies at GenCon) until at least September 1st. Anybody care to wager against that statement? I'm always happy to make easy money....

Since they've said they will be shipping preorders from their own site "late August or early September" plus shipping time, sounds right to me. While it's theoretically possibly that they are padding their estimate and might end up shipping early, I think that's unlikely since they've also mentioned that they will accept preorders through mid-August.

So no, you can't have my money. PHG can, though...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Wolf
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ug. Looks like I'll have to run to their booth when the doors open. Hopefully the VIGs won't have gotten them all...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Waterman
United States
Commerce Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ONLY 140 copies of Seafall will be available at Gen Con. They'll be handing out numbers or something like that to people wanting to buy it. From the horses mouth! (at the 17:10 minute mark)

Download episode 210 of the Plaid Hat Podcast here if you want to check for yourself:

http://www.dicetower.com/game-podcast/plaid-hat-podcast/210-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
"It seems, that is, I may have become, quite by accident, the chosen, what what?"
badge
“Here is my secret. It's quite simple: One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Petit Prince
mbmbmbmbmb
montebanc wrote:
ONLY 140 copies of Seafall will be available at Gen Con. They'll be handing out numbers or something like that to people wanting to buy it. From the horses mouth! (at the 17:10 minute mark)

Download episode 210 of the Plaid Hat Podcast here if you want to check for yourself:

http://www.dicetower.com/game-podcast/plaid-hat-podcast/210-...

Great catch!! 140 copies, and they will probably all disappear in the first hour for the VIGs on Thursday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.