BANG!» Forums » Rules

Subject: 3 questions about the valley of shadows expansion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Roberto Casadei
msg tools
Hi!
Me and my friends have 3 questions about the valley of shadow expansion:

1. Can I use the Saved card before the target plays Missed cards or similar? (the text of Saved card talk about "[...] prevent [...]").

2. Can I use Escape card in order to escape from a duel that I've played to another player, when I finish the Bang card?

3. Can I use any card as Bang with Lemat into a duel?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dV Giochi
msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmb
Hi Roberto,

Quote:
1. Can I use the Saved card before the target plays Missed cards or similar? (the text of Saved card talk about "[...] prevent [...]").

No, you can use it after the target player had the chance to play a Missed!

Quote:
2. Can I use Escape card in order to escape from a duel that I've played to another player, when I finish the Bang card?

You can play Escape to avoid completely the effect of a brown card, but you can't play it after having trigger it! This means you can play it to totally avoid the Duel effect, but you cannot play it after the opponent and/or you have started to resolve its effect (i.e.: discarding BANG!s in a Duel).

Quote:
3. Can I use any card as Bang with Lemat into a duel?

No, BANG! cards in a Duel are discarded, not played.

Hope this will help
Have fun!

Martino Chiacchiera
Junior Editor
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert O'Hearne
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
um.... Martino, you just contradicted the answer you gave to my nearly identical question about the Lemat in this thread: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1611580/lemat-and-duel

There you confirmed the idea that because in a Duel, BANG! cards are discarded, not used, the Lemat does not let you discard any card as a BANG! in a duel. I think that makes sense.

Have you changed your mind?

Thanks,
Robert
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claudio Giani
msg tools
1-If the targeted player defends himself you can't play Saved!. It's not a matter of timing...

Think of this: you can use Saved in your turn too ("against a damage you dealt yourself" as stated in the rules of Valley Of Shadows): and if you shot a Bang!, you can't use Saved! to prevent the damage if the targeted player can avoid it himself.

2-You can use Escape to completely avoid a Duel: but once it is engaged, you can only discard Bang! cards to avoid a life point loss.

3-I agree with my answer in the linked thread!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dV Giochi
msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmb
Hi Robert,
good catch! Sorry I might have misunderstood your question.
I've edited my answer whistle

Have fun

Martino Chiacchiera
Junior Editor

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.