Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jon ike
U.S. Virgin Islands
St. John
Virgin Islands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

Played a few games throwing the Separation rule out the door but kept everything else as written. This allowed the Scout player to split forces into 2 or different "boards" or tile sets. Might of made it a little too easy for the scouts, however we liked way it felt more like a movie that way.
It was like a side plot we kept cutting over to that next scene where one red shirt that got separated from the group from the beginning. Will he make it?... How many genestealers moves will the other player commit to taking him out?
In our last game this guy got a run of straight tiles by himself and ran for it - only for it to turn into a dead end.

Anyone else throw the separation rule out the door?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cracky McCracken
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting idea. We'll give it a shot. We came up with an infestation marker variant that has come pretty close to balancing this game. Made it all the way to the last tile before getting eaten.

Painting my copy. When I get done I'm going to start playing again. I'll post my variant at some point after some more play tests. (Maybe I'll just proxy in some Space Hulk guys, I want to play again)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jon ike
U.S. Virgin Islands
St. John
Virgin Islands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yeah interested in seeing what your idea is otherwise I really don't know what to do with those infestation models!
except they look kinda cool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thorfinn Skullsplitter
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jombie wrote:

Played a few games throwing the Separation rule out the door but kept everything else as written. This allowed the Scout player to split forces into 2 or different "boards" or tile sets. Might of made it a little too easy for the scouts, however we liked way it felt more like a movie that way.
It was like a side plot we kept cutting over to that next scene where one red shirt that got separated from the group from the beginning. Will he make it?... How many genestealers moves will the other player commit to taking him out?
In our last game this guy got a run of straight tiles by himself and ran for it - only for it to turn into a dead end.

Anyone else throw the separation rule out the door?

Did that from the get-go. The Scouts have a hard enough time as it is without pulling half the team without a fight. And there's no reason they can't end up rejoining the paths somewhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.