Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Gnade
United States
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
For your first game, I would use the 5 additional Reserve Deck cards (place them in the corp starting decks so they have 6 cards instead of 5) and the unique art mining platforms (they have no effect on gameplay but give your faction a little more personality). There were some questions about the Shockwave Emitter asked/answered here: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1612365/card-clarification-...

I would save the gadgets and Company IDs for a future game when you have all the core rules down.

The corp id cards can be flipped once per game to activate their super ability. Each corporation's ability has positives and negatives when activated but you have to do everything on the card.

The Gadget Cards are also used once per game to do their effect. Once played, activate their effect and then remove them from the game.

You get both of these cards when you pick your starting faction, so you can use them at any time. They don't cycle through your deck.

More gadgets will be in the next expansion so I will have more rules and info on them as we get to that... check out our blog and subscribe to our mailing list to keep up on that stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mick
United States
Baldwinsville
New York
flag msg tools
I noticed some the gadgets involve 'adjacency'. Is there some expectation that buildings and units are only placed left to right, never above or below each other? Are you allowed to move them after they are placed, or place new ones in between others?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Ongchangco
United States
California
flag msg tools
My group loves the gadgets so we've tried this house rule and it's worked well for us.

The gadget is in your reserve deck from the start. Once you have purchased every card in your reserve deck, your Gadget is Aquired automatically. Once used, it is returned to your reserve deck. However, once you purchase a card of your faction, you re-aquire your gadget. Rinse and repeat.

For adjacency, we just do "[x] damage to two other [buildings/units] that player controls"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brie
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cymsdale wrote:
I noticed some the gadgets involve 'adjacency'. Is there some expectation that buildings and units are only placed left to right, never above or below each other? Are you allowed to move them after they are placed, or place new ones in between others?

The Solo game assumes the AI player only places left to right, but I've not seen anything indicating that is how the human players play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oz Locke
msg tools
Could you clarify the rules for the green faction corporate ID?

We read it over a whole bunch of times and couldn't get our head round it:

+Draw 3 cards and take an extra turn
-End your turn by drawing only 3 cards

This ability can be used during any players turn.

So the plus is easy: play the card, draw 3 cards, take an extra turn after this one, right?

But the minus one makes no sense. Does it mean you start the new turn right away? Does it mean if you don't draw other cards this turn you don't get the extra turn? And how would you use this out of turn? Would you draw the cards now and get two turns when it's your turn again?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As I understand it, from other posts by Mike, you take your turn immediately.
1. You declare that you are using your power.
2. Your opponent finishes up the action that they were taking and stops taking anymore actions
3. You draw three cards
4. You have a turn as usual
5. At the end of that turn, you draw a new hand of only 3 cards instead of the normal 5.
6. Your opponent resumes their turn from where they stopped it.

The power seems a tad over powered and I don't really like it, but that is how it was designed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oz Locke
msg tools
Thanks @ThinkingThatsAll

Thats a pretty crazy power. Seems like the kind of thing we wouldn't want to use, so it's a shame my wife always plays as green XD

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.