Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aaron Gray
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since I'll be at Gen Con, it was requested that I ask questions for the community. I did this last year, so I'll do my best to do it again this year. Just know that the UD booth is extremely popular and busy, so trying to pull someone aside for a few moments for questioning may not be easy. I'll also be posting images of the expansion for you guys since it seems like I'll be one of the first on our boards to get it.

Any questions, please put them here. Also, if any UD reps want to answer here, please do so. You're obviously not obligated to do so, but it would be a gesture of good will to the fans if you do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atnier Rodriguez
United States
Monroe
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Question: Will there be another X-Men expansion or more X-Men heroes added, or is Marvel suggesting you don't add more at the moment?

I ask, because in the comics the Inhumans are getting far more attention than the X-Men since Fox has the mutants' movie rights locked and does not want to share. There's very little pure X-Men in Marvel comics right now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Gray
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
okami31 wrote:
Question: Will there be another X-Men expansion or more X-Men heroes added, or is Marvel suggesting you don't add more at the moment?

I ask, because in the comics the Inhumans are getting far more attention than the X-Men since Fox has the mutants' movie rights locked and does not want to share. There's very little pure X-Men in Marvel comics right now.

I'd love to know that myself, since the X-Men are my primary Marvel fandom. They are literally dying out in the comics, which seems to be on purpose as Marvel is seemingly phasing them out because of ownership rights. It's upsetting, but what can you do, eh?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heroclix had an entire X-Men set this year, so the reins aren't tight everywhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Shaunessy

California
msg tools
publisher
mbmbmb
okami31 wrote:

While we would love to see all Marvel characters make an appearance in Legendary, the final cut is not made by us as we do not own the characters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Runnestrand
United States
Carlsbad
California
flag msg tools
You should be reading this comic.
badge
I like nerdy stuff.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love some rules questions to be answered if you can talk to a judge.

What is the official interaction between Maria Hill (Mastermind) and Brainwash the Military (scheme)? Does her Master Strike make more brainwashed officers, or does it make "special" officers whose Fight remains a static 3? I think the scheme trumps the Mastermind here, since it says: "SHIELD Officers are...."

Rogue/Cyclops interaction. Her rare says to play a copy of the top cards of everyone's deck. Cyclops says in order to play it, I have to discard a card. Does playing a copy still have that restriction? Especially since Rogue doesn't say "You may play a copy..." If I don't have any cards in hand, can I just not play that copy? I can see the merits of both sides of this argument, and as far as I know, we never got an official answer.

Those are the only two questions I can remember off the top of my head that have not been answered to my satisfaction on the Rules board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks Mark! I have actually been curios about this for months now. so Marvel has the final say on what's included in the box, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark UD OP wrote:
okami31 wrote:

While we would love to see all Marvel characters make an appearance in Legendary, the final cut is not made by us as we do not own the characters.

That sounds ... ominous. But then again, Upper Deck WAS able to negotiate X-Men into the first Vs. reboot release.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Gray
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mark UD OP wrote:
okami31 wrote:

That would explain why the Annihilation Wave got cut from Secret Wars. Kind of figured you guys didn't have final say. Still, it's not like they're not getting attention. The fact that the original Storm in X-Men form is present with Black Panther is promising. I'm hoping that trend continues. I'll continue to remain cautiously optimistic.

Will you be at Gen Con, Mark? I wonder if you were the Marc I spoke to last year. Then again, he spells his name with a C, so I'm not sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
he's the Mark with a mouth
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Shaunessy

California
msg tools
publisher
mbmbmb
BuddhaRock wrote:
Will you be at Gen Con, Mark? I wonder if you were the Marc I spoke to last year. Then again, he spells his name with a C, so I'm not sure.

I will be at Gen Con. I'll be in the OP area (Wabash Room 1-3). It is possible we spoke last year, but I do not spell me name with a C.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Gray
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mark UD OP wrote:
BuddhaRock wrote:

I will be at Gen Con. I'll be in the OP area (Wabash Room 1-3). It is possible we spoke last year, but I do not spell me name with a C.

Cool. If you get a chance, would you be willing to chat for a few moments? I know you won't be able to answer everything, but I'd like to try to get as much info as I can for our curious readers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How does the interaction between villains with a Fortify escape effect and schemes that count escaped villains work? Do you count the fortifying villains as escaped or does the scheme only care about villains in the escaped pile?

Ditto for Ascended masterminds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Shaunessy

California
msg tools
publisher
mbmbmb
IronSyndicate wrote:
How does the interaction between villains with a Fortify escape effect and schemes that count escaped villains work? Do you count the fortifying villains as escaped or does the scheme only care about villains in the escaped pile?

I thought this has been covered since the Core/Dark City. Didn't Devin rule that cards like Mystique and Reignfire do not count.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Gray
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mark UD OP wrote:
IronSyndicate wrote:

I thought this has been covered since the Core/Dark City. Didn't Devin rule that cards like Mystique and Reignfire do not count.

Indeed. It should only count as escaped if it is actually in the pile. That has always been my thought. If the card is still doing a job, it hasn't yet fully escaped the battle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Gray
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh! I just thought of one. Mark, are there any promo cards this year like there have been in the past?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Hatinen
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
This isn't an especially popular question, but since I've been trying to get it answered for two years without luck, I feel compelled to ask.

How can I find out the art credits to the expansions that don't list which artists and studios contributed on its rules sheet or book?

Those sets are Villains, Paint the Town Red and Fantastic Four.

I don't want you to answer who did each and every card (I'm willing to do that legwork), but just which artists and studios worked on each of the three sets.

In the very likely event that whoever you speak to can't answer this, please find out who I should ask and (ideally) their work email, since I have no Facebook or Twitter account. On one of the threads I've made about this, someone found an email account for one of the workers, but it turned out to be a personal email account so when I emailed him/her, all I did was spook the recipient.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Gray
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FF has the artist listed as Ale Garza. PTTR is blank and Villains lists Devin Low. I know Devin is talented, but I don't think he drew the art for Villains.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Shaunessy

California
msg tools
publisher
mbmbmb
Tsallak wrote:
This isn't an especially popular question, but since I've been trying to get it answered for two years without luck, I feel compelled to ask.

How can I find out the art credits to the expansions that don't list which artists and studios contributed on its rules sheet or book?

Those sets are Villains, Paint the Town Red and Fantastic Four.

I don't want you to answer who did each and every card (I'm willing to do that legwork), but just which artists and studios worked on each of the three sets.

In the very likely event that whoever you speak to can't answer this, please find out who I should ask and (ideally) their work email, since I have no Facebook or Twitter account. On one of the threads I've made about this, someone found an email account for one of the workers, but it turned out to be a personal email account so when I emailed him/her, all I did was spook the recipient.

PTTR is on the rulesheet. Its after the listed Playtesters. The other I will look into.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mark, this is completely unrelated to the thread, but since we've got your ear - will Firefly be available in any capacity at GenCon?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will there be dropped any hints regarding future expansions (after Deadpool, that is, and assuming that you have already discussed something with Marvel regarding the release plan for next year)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Shaunessy

California
msg tools
publisher
mbmbmb
IronSyndicate wrote:
Mark, this is completely unrelated to the thread, but since we've got your ear - will Firefly be available in any capacity at GenCon?

Legendary Encouters: Firefly? Yes. It will be for sale. Also we will have Beginner Games and Win A Box events in our OP area (Wabash Room 1-3).

AdelinDumitru wrote:
Will there be dropped any hints regarding future expansions (after Deadpool, that is, and assuming that you have already discussed something with Marvel regarding the release plan for next year)?

We generally use Gen Con to announce upcoming products, but I have not heard if we will or even what we will announce.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mark UD OP wrote:
IronSyndicate wrote:

True, he did with the likes of those two. The big difference is that those two don't have a specific "permanent" job that still needs to be addressed by the players. Ascending Masterminds still need to be defeated in order to win the game and those who Fortify still need to be defeated to un-Fortify whatever it is they are Fortifying. Those seem to be some pretty significant differences from Mystique and Reignfire.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Gray
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thud105 wrote:
Mark UD OP wrote:
IronSyndicate wrote:

True, he did with the likes of those two. The big difference is that those two don't have a specific "permanent" job that still needs to be addressed by the players. Ascending Masterminds still need to be defeated in order to win the game and those who Fortify still need to be defeated to un-Fortify whatever it is they are Fortifying. Those seem to be some pretty significant differences from Mystique and Reignfire.

But once that card is unfortified or beaten (in the case of Ascended Masterminds), it is defeated, so it wouldn't go to the escape pile. It would be different if it went to the pile after it fulfilled its obligation or if the card in play or the scheme says something like "count this card as an escaped villain". They do not, so the only villains that should count as "escaped" are the ones in the pile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Finnegan
msg tools
mb
Will there be a Marvel 3D 2?

If not, are there any plans in the works for alternate art of the base set heroes other than Deadpool, Black Widow and Hulk (who were covered in Marvel 3D)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.