Subject: What kind of expansions would you like? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From what I've seen, most people would like the addition of more races into the game in the future. I would love to see additional boards for the game - similarly to Eldritch Horror's maps that focus on one region for instance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Hammer

Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The game hasn't even been released yet and people are already thinking about expansions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
of course, it's that kind of game that you know for sure it is going to be a hit and you want more of it already. if you buy an x box you alrrady think about future purchases, such as games or accessories. the same here. one source of joy leads naturally to wanting another
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris McLeod
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love to see a bigger map for 5 player games. Might make the game take too long though.

Of course, new factions and extra cards for the original factions would be great too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
Shepherdsville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Things already mentioned, new factions and boards.

However 1 thing I really want to see (and I doubt I will) is leaders. Each faction could pick a leader with a unique power. That could only be killed or captured if it's the only viable target.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David B
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
SeerMagic wrote:
Things already mentioned, new factions and boards.

However 1 thing I really want to see (and I doubt I will) is leaders. Each faction could pick a leader with a unique power. That could only be killed or captured if it's the only viable target.

So many options to go with this. If killed, does the leader get to return to the game? If a prisoner, how can you invoke loss of direction among the other units? What kind of crippling might they incur? Maybe one fewer unit goes into battle? Or add a War Cry card the attacker can play to scare a unit out of a region/off the battle board and make them retreat/return to home region.

Would the leader cost more to rescue from imprisonment? Would you have to sacrifice a unit to regain your leader?

Grant has mentioned they have plenty of ideas/secondary content trimmed during testing and development to work from. With the need to seek a 2nd print run for the base fame I am hopeful we see something to add by holiday time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Yung
Australia
Hammond Park, Perth
WA
flag msg tools
mb
more races +1

I want a 5th player expansion

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David B
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Since Portal didn't create a fixed player board, no doubt we will see additional structures become available so you can mix and match or have a different focus. Perhaps there will be upgraded variants of existing structures, the question then becomes which ones and how so?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
Shepherdsville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Grant said on ManVsMeeple he'd like to do imperial settlers like expansions. New factions, while giving the old factions something new too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Liles
United States
Valparaiso
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I think that if it was possible, new alien factions could be added. In addition, I think that additional buildings would be good for the other factions. Not the robots, they always kick my butt as it is. ;-)

Or imagining a new world with new two types of aliens coming out to fight.

But the game is excellent as it is, so perhaps I am just being greedy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.