$20.00
$15.00
$5.00
Recommend
6 
 Thumb up
 Hide
28 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

IKI» Forums » General

Subject: UTSUROI at GENCON 2016 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dr.NAKAGAWA Kozi
Japan
Kumagaya.City
SAITAMA
flag msg tools
Love ESSEN
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GENCON 2016

Exhibitor: UTSUROI at NECO(Nippon Entertainment Content Organization) booth
Booth #: 2841

IKI 2nd printing(Retail edition. Revised English and multilingual Rule included.) Only 99 copies.

Secret Promos sale?

4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ozzy perez
United States
Hialeah
Fl
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dr_NAKAGAWA wrote:
GENCON 2016

Exhibitor: UTSUROI at NECO(Nippon Entertainment Content Organization) booth
Booth #: 2841

IKI 2nd printing(Retail edition. Revised English and multilingual Rule included.) Only 99 copies.

Secret Promos sale?





Promos you say? Any chance we'll see those outside of Gencon?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregg Speers
United States
Liberty Lake
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, also interested in any promos available outside of Gencon.

Also, will the 2nd Edition Rulebook be made available in electronic format?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
spaceman spiff wrote:
Yes, also interested in any promos available outside of Gencon.

Also, will the 2nd Edition Rulebook be made available in electronic format?


As far as I can tell, the 2nd edition rulebook should be identical (or at least mostly) to the BGG re-written one
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bjorn Petit
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Dr.NAKAGAWA will IKI (2nd printing) be available at Essen?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Case
England
Epsom
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
https://www.facebook.com/amuse.ment.92
badge
mbmbmbmb
Peachy.

I still await my Kabuki pledge from the original Kickstarter which I backed in July 2015. I have been recently sent a tracking number that informs me that the consignment was dispatched by sea on 1st June 2016 from China on what should have been a journey of 37 days max. The original delivery date was Feb 2016.

According to the tracking info it is still at sea. Meanwhile random reports from around the world state that theirs have arrived. Even some people in Europe (I'm based in the UK). Comments express extreme displeasure with the quality of this deluxe edition which I paid $235 for. One EU backer even had to pay €76 in customs duties after the campaign boasted zero additional customs cost.

And now the publisher proudly announces that attendees at Gencon 2016 may purchase the game before mine arrives. Why not take a huge dump through my letter box to demonstrate your utter contempt for me as a customer?



 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr.NAKAGAWA Kozi
Japan
Kumagaya.City
SAITAMA
flag msg tools
Love ESSEN
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Petitje81 wrote:
Dr.NAKAGAWA will IKI (2nd printing) be available at Essen?


We hope so... cry

Our printer(LUDO) isn't really reliable.
They promised completing the 2nd printing by June, actually they haven't done yet. So we asked them to finish a few batches for GENCON sales, in the end, they did only 99 copies first.

Totally out of control. Also they doesn't cover the delaying.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr.NAKAGAWA Kozi
Japan
Kumagaya.City
SAITAMA
flag msg tools
Love ESSEN
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Big Bad Lex wrote:
Peachy.

I still await my Kabuki pledge from the original Kickstarter which I backed in July 2015. I have been recently sent a tracking number that informs me that the consignment was dispatched by sea on 1st June 2016 from China on what should have been a journey of 37 days max. The original delivery date was Feb 2016.

According to the tracking info it is still at sea. Meanwhile random reports from around the world state that theirs have arrived. Even some people in Europe (I'm based in the UK). Comments express extreme displeasure with the quality of this deluxe edition which I paid $235 for. One EU backer even had to pay €76 in customs duties after the campaign boasted zero additional customs cost.

And now the publisher proudly announces that attendees at Gencon 2016 may purchase the game before mine arrives. Why not take a huge dump through my letter box to demonstrate your utter contempt for me as a customer?






Didn't Yamada-San contact you through PM?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bjorn Petit
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Dr_NAKAGAWA wrote:
Petitje81 wrote:
Dr.NAKAGAWA will IKI (2nd printing) be available at Essen?


We hope so... cry

Our printer(LUDO) isn't really reliable.
They promised completing the 2nd printing by June, actually they haven't done yet. So we asked them to finish a few batches for GENCON sales, in the end, they did only 99 copies first.

Totally out of control. Also they doesn't cover the delaying.


I'm hoping with you! Totally missed out on the Kickstarter cry so definitely want to buy the game at Essen.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Case
England
Epsom
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
https://www.facebook.com/amuse.ment.92
badge
mbmbmbmb
Dr_NAKAGAWA wrote:
Big Bad Lex wrote:
Peachy.

I still await my Kabuki pledge from the original Kickstarter which I backed in July 2015. I have been recently sent a tracking number that informs me that the consignment was dispatched by sea on 1st June 2016 from China on what should have been a journey of 37 days max. The original delivery date was Feb 2016.

According to the tracking info it is still at sea. Meanwhile random reports from around the world state that theirs have arrived. Even some people in Europe (I'm based in the UK). Comments express extreme displeasure with the quality of this deluxe edition which I paid $235 for. One EU backer even had to pay €76 in customs duties after the campaign boasted zero additional customs cost.

And now the publisher proudly announces that attendees at Gencon 2016 may purchase the game before mine arrives. Why not take a huge dump through my letter box to demonstrate your utter contempt for me as a customer?






Didn't Yamada-San contact you through PM?


He did. I got the link to the dispatchers and a tracking number via a Kickstarter message. The delivery status is unchanged, this is the last update;

06/01/2016 16:12 Dispatch from outward office of exchange KAWASAKIHIGASHI KANAGAWA

There was nothing else said. Should there be more?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr.NAKAGAWA Kozi
Japan
Kumagaya.City
SAITAMA
flag msg tools
Love ESSEN
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Big Bad Lex wrote:
Dr_NAKAGAWA wrote:
Big Bad Lex wrote:
Peachy.

I still await my Kabuki pledge from the original Kickstarter which I backed in July 2015. I have been recently sent a tracking number that informs me that the consignment was dispatched by sea on 1st June 2016 from China on what should have been a journey of 37 days max. The original delivery date was Feb 2016.

According to the tracking info it is still at sea. Meanwhile random reports from around the world state that theirs have arrived. Even some people in Europe (I'm based in the UK). Comments express extreme displeasure with the quality of this deluxe edition which I paid $235 for. One EU backer even had to pay €76 in customs duties after the campaign boasted zero additional customs cost.

And now the publisher proudly announces that attendees at Gencon 2016 may purchase the game before mine arrives. Why not take a huge dump through my letter box to demonstrate your utter contempt for me as a customer?






Didn't Yamada-San contact you through PM?


He did. I got the link to the dispatchers and a tracking number via a Kickstarter message. The delivery status is unchanged, this is the last update;

06/01/2016 16:12 Dispatch from outward office of exchange KAWASAKIHIGASHI KANAGAWA

There was nothing else said. Should there be more?



Ah, KANAGAWA is not Chinese port, but is Japan.
I think delivery service is uncontrollable for Yamada-san though.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Case
England
Epsom
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
https://www.facebook.com/amuse.ment.92
badge
mbmbmbmb
Dr_NAKAGAWA wrote:


Ah, KANAGAWA is not Chinese port, but is Japan.
I think delivery service is uncontrollable for Yamada-san though.


Even further then. Delivery may be in the hands of others but the choice to use sea freight when the items were already 4 months late was yours and why had some Europeans, especially UK backers, received theirs before mine was even out of Japan? Surely the shipping company gave you a delivery date? Please can you give me a delivery date?

Please confirm that I will not suffer customs duties.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Case
England
Epsom
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
https://www.facebook.com/amuse.ment.92
badge
mbmbmbmb
Some progress. The tracking information now says it has past through customs and 'Departure from inward office of exchange' in Coventry. My package might arrive soon.

The question is, will I be charged customs duties? Please confirm.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr.NAKAGAWA Kozi
Japan
Kumagaya.City
SAITAMA
flag msg tools
Love ESSEN
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Big Bad Lex wrote:
Some progress. The tracking information now says it has past through customs and 'Departure from inward office of exchange' in Coventry. My package might arrive soon.

The question is, will I be charged customs duties? Please confirm.



If you want to be more clear about your shipping, you should contact to Yamada-san about this directly due to personal matter.
This is a thread for announcing GENCON exhibiting (not for private tracking info). thanks.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Case
England
Epsom
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
https://www.facebook.com/amuse.ment.92
badge
mbmbmbmb
I know I have hi-jacked this thread but I have been mailing all of you regularly since March and this is the first time you have ever replied to me. Mindful that you have never bothered to respond, I'm feeling less than charitable, so if this continued chain of interruptions to your GenCon planning this week is starting to annoy you, suck it up, it's a fraction of the irritation you have caused me. I'm afraid that after more than 5 months of being ignored, I now seem to have your attention, so there's no way I'm letting go.

Please let me know if I will be receiving a bill for customs duties. If Yamada-San is the one who can answer this, please get him to mail me directly with the answer. It's amazing how quiet I go once people answer my questions.

It would be good if you can resolve all of these problems this week. If you haven't guessed, I am like a dog with a bone when I have due cause to believe I have been turned over. If you plan on being at Essen, it looks like being a slack year for me, so I will be more than happy to discuss these matters at considerable length with you there. Bring chairs.
2 
 Thumb up
0.02
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Case
England
Epsom
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
https://www.facebook.com/amuse.ment.92
badge
mbmbmbmb
Two days on, no message from Yamada-San and no reply from you. Just to update you on the tracking, two days ago the package was received by the Post Office but the last comment was one word, 'Retention'. I'm told that this is the step taken for deliveries where a customs charge is necessary. If so, how do I get you to pay this on my behalf? It would be better to have this mechanism confirmed up front to save time because I'm sure you agree that I have waited long enough for this.

Obviously you will pay this charge on my behalf, mindful that your Kickstarter promise was that there would be no Customs payments for deliveries to the EU;

3 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr.NAKAGAWA Kozi
Japan
Kumagaya.City
SAITAMA
flag msg tools
Love ESSEN
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Big Bad Lex wrote:
I know I have hi-jacked this thread but I have been mailing all of you regularly since March and this is the first time you have ever replied to me. Mindful that you have never bothered to respond, I'm feeling less than charitable, so if this continued chain of interruptions to your GenCon planning this week is starting to annoy you, suck it up, it's a fraction of the irritation you have caused me. I'm afraid that after more than 5 months of being ignored, I now seem to have your attention, so there's no way I'm letting go.

Please let me know if I will be receiving a bill for customs duties. If Yamada-San is the one who can answer this, please get him to mail me directly with the answer. It's amazing how quiet I go once people answer my questions.

It would be good if you can resolve all of these problems this week. If you haven't guessed, I am like a dog with a bone when I have due cause to believe I have been turned over. If you plan on being at Essen, it looks like being a slack year for me, so I will be more than happy to discuss these matters at considerable length with you there. Bring chairs.



I'm talking about your situation to Yamada-san. He doesn't come to GENCON, I suppose he is definitely busy on day-time job. Anyway I asked him to respond to your email.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Case
England
Epsom
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
https://www.facebook.com/amuse.ment.92
badge
mbmbmbmb
Please get him to do so immediately. I have now received a letter from Parcel Force informing me that I must pay, £57.13 in import fees before I can collect the package. Clearly this is not the arrangement in the Kickstarter offer where zero fees were declared. The expedient solution is to transfer this money into my paypal account. Please contact me for the details so this can be completed without further delay.

I can scan and send you a copy of the Parcel Force invoice. Please send me your e-mail address in order to do so.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Case
England
Epsom
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
https://www.facebook.com/amuse.ment.92
badge
mbmbmbmb
24 hours later and still no further contact via PM or E-Mail (from anyone). I need your e-mail address to send you a scan of the invoice. I have no contact detains for Yamada-san either here on BGG or e-mail and as you are the creator named on the Kickstarter Campaign it is inappropriate for me to be addressing these matters to a third party. By all means send the scan onto your colleague, but lets keep the lines of communication in this matter as clean (and contractually correct) as possible. With no cracks to fall into we can work to resolve this sooner rather than later. Agreed?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Case
England
Epsom
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
https://www.facebook.com/amuse.ment.92
badge
mbmbmbmb
E-mail address received by return. Lets push to get this resolved ASAP.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Carey
United States
West Coast
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hope this gets resolved quickly for you, Nick.

Our group picked up 3 copies of Iki at Gencon (though one member didn't get the promo cards).
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanasis Patsios
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also hope everything's going to work out Nick. Mistakes can happen, but as long as they are resolved, no harm done.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ran Carnelaine
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So jelly! I wish I could get the promo cards -- they were supposed to be made available to KS backers but never were...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ozzy perez
United States
Hialeah
Fl
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Big Bad Lex wrote:
E-mail address received by return. Lets push to get this resolved ASAP.



Hey Nick, hope the situation gets resolved. It's not fair that you should have to pay those fees.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Case
England
Epsom
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
https://www.facebook.com/amuse.ment.92
badge
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for the support guys, unfortunately the attempt to mend this does not go far enough and the refund conditions are unacceptable. See below the exchange from today;

Quote wrote:



Hello Nick,

Thank you for your message.
We are deeply sorry for the late reply.

Thank you for backing KABUKI Level pledge and 1 standard IKI.
We understood your situation,

We manufactured the board games in Germany and ship the normal pledges from Germany, that is, within the EU.
It should take no custom charge within EU.

However, Kabuki level and Samurai level products are all made in Japan. We set them up and shipped from Japan.
That is why, VAT and custom charges are incurred.
In your case, we shipped the KABUKI Level pledge and 1 standard IKI together from Japan.

We will be able to pay 50% of the custom fee if you would like to receive the parcel.
We wonder if you could keep the invoice and send us the scanning data.

If you would like to cancel the KABUKI Level pledge, we will refund the pledge.
Our apologies but, in the normal return process the parcel must be return to Japan and checked prior to issuance of a refund.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact us.

Best Regards



***********************************
Koota Yamada
UTSUROI LLC (Japan)
Takarazuka, Hyogo, 665-0842, Japan
(81)-50-3571-5261
info@utsuroi.jp
www.utsuroi.jp/en



And my reply

Dear Sir

Thank you for the reply. I am afraid that the Kickstarter details makes no such differentiation between the standard pledge and the Kabuki pledge. The extract from the Kickstarter campaign that I provided for you makes the blanket statement that the 'PROJECT' will incur no import fees. It is too late to be making these claims now. Furthermore backers in France for the same or higher pledge are stating that they suffered no import duties.

Whilst the offer of 50% is a step in the right direction, I do not believe it equitable for me to have waited so long for my Kabuki pledge and to be expected to pay any import duties where none were the expressed promise. You are in breach of contract and therefore I am not willing to pay any contribution. If this is unacceptable to you then please refund my full pledge of $315 (backer number 413) immediately. You must agree that this experience goes way beyond the bounds of 'a normal' transaction and it is therefore utterly unacceptable for you to demand that the parcel is returned in accordance with 'the normal return process' before the refund is made. I trusted you for over a year with my money and you failed to achieve promises over delivery and cost, it is time for you to return that level of trust and to repay me now. Paypal: nick.case@museinteriors.co.uk.

I'm afraid this has been a most frustrating and unsatisfactory transaction.

Regards

Nick Case

End of message

What more can I say? I am pretty shocked at how poor this customer service is.


3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.