Subject: Carnivores eating carnivores? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Jackson
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
You fell in a pit on the first turn. Good job!
mbmbmbmbmb
Just played our first game of this and just wanted to make sure that carnivores can eat other carnivores. It makes sense thematically that they can, and we played that they could...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Goldman
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, Carnivores are equally vulnerable to attack as any other species.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Currie
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Look, honey, he thinks there's honey in there!
badge
We can't all be Zheleznogorsk.
mbmbmbmbmb
Not only can they, they should. It's one of the primary ways that you can bust up your oppponents' points engines. I don't think Carnivore starvation is going to be as common in E:tB, primarily because of the 'free' species players get on their turns that they can toss to their Carnivores to prop them up while waiting to draw the right Traits to tuck into an opponent's juicy Fertile cattle species.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
North Star Games designs party games that don't suck! Play them with your non-gamer friends over the holidays.
badge
First there was Hearts, then there was Spades, and now we bring you Clubs. The suit of clubs finally gets some respect!
mbmbmbmbmb
Zwaloo wrote:
I don't think Carnivore starvation is going to be as common in E:tB, primarily because of the 'free' species players get on their turns that they can toss to their Carnivores to prop them up while waiting to draw the right Traits to tuck into an opponent's juicy Fertile cattle species.

I'm not sure if this is correct. We regularly let our free species starve (if we don't eat them ourselves) just to make sure we don't help feed our opponents. We've had several head to head games where one player triple protects a species and just gets 2 food a turn (saving all of their cards and letting their free species die) to kill off their opponent's over populated Carnivore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Currie
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Look, honey, he thinks there's honey in there!
badge
We can't all be Zheleznogorsk.
mbmbmbmbmb
domcrap wrote:
Zwaloo wrote:
I don't think Carnivore starvation is going to be as common in E:tB, primarily because of the 'free' species players get on their turns that they can toss to their Carnivores to prop them up while waiting to draw the right Traits to tuck into an opponent's juicy Fertile cattle species.

I'm not sure if this is correct. We regularly let our free species starve (if we don't eat them ourselves) just to make sure we don't help feed our opponents. We've had several head to head games where one player triple protects a species and just gets 2 food a turn (saving all of their cards and letting their free species die) to kill off their opponent's over populated Carnivore.

I should've been more clear! I should've said "I don't think Carnivore extinction via starvation is going to be as common in E:tB". Carnivore populations are going to starve; a freebie species is only good for two food.

I agree that Turtling up is a great way to let an opponent's point engine throw a rod and fall apart.

I'm really impressed with E:tB. The fact that players always have at a minimum of two food for at a minimum one of their species (two free watering hole food or a one pop freebie that's good for two Carnivore food) is genius and keeps folks from feeling shut out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.