Hide
3 Posts

Star Wars: Rebellion» Forums » Rules

Subject: Mission Hand Limit Discard Timing Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christiaan Mitchell
msg tools
This may be an obvious question, but I can't find an answer for the life of me in the rules or the forum.

The mission card hand is limited to 10 cards (4 starting + 6 missions and/or projects). Does that limit apply at all times or only during the refresh phase? Put another way, can I carry more than 10 cards in my hand if a mission puts me over the limit?

For example, if I have 10 cards in my hand at the start of the assignment phase, and choose to only assign "Secret Weapons Research" (SRW). During the command phase, I resolve SWR which puts two project cards in my hand, turning my hand up to 11 (<rimshot>. Do I have to discard down to 10 then, or can I wait until the "Draw Mission Cards" step of the Refresh Phase before I discard down to 10.

I imagine this isn't particularly common, and it may usually not make a difference. But I can also think of cases in which my discard choice would depend on what I get out of the mission deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
You only need to discard down to ten during the refresh phade. Remember that starting missions can't be discarded.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christiaan Mitchell
msg tools
Perfect! Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.