Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you didn't subscribe to the newsletter, the extra KS copies are now on sale. http://stonemaiergames.com/buy-scythe/ Just click your country to get linked to the appropriate distribution center. If you don't see the links to buy, refresh the page (I think some of their servers have not been updated).

BTW US is done by Funagain Games which has free shipping at $100 so Special Edition and above ship free.

UPDATE: All Funagain KS copies are gone, though most a la carte upgrades are still in stock.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Tracy
United States
San Francisco
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
$50 more than the Kickstarter price for the fancy edition with the larger board, which makes it almost $100 more than the regular retail edition if you purchase it online. I am not sure it's worth it for me, but thank you for the heads up!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gashlycrumb wrote:
$50 more than the Kickstarter price for the fancy edition with the larger board, which makes it almost $100 more than the regular retail edition if you purchase it online. I am not sure it's worth it for me, but thank you for the heads up!
Good luck finding a copy online though. I am pretty sure everywhere is sold out for now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor De Boer
United States
Comstock Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
April 8th, 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
The Collectors Edition appears to already be sold out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
O.Shane Balloun
United States
Bellingham
Washington
flag msg tools
www.cascadecon.games
badge
Cascade Games Convention: Bellingham, Washington's premier tabletop board game playing event
mbmbmbmbmb
There are 8 7 4 3 2 0 copies left of the highest tier Art Connoisseur's edition at Funagain (edit: URL removed).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie B
United States
Unspecified
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
Do these copies include the promo pack?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
O.Shane Balloun
United States
Bellingham
Washington
flag msg tools
www.cascadecon.games
badge
Cascade Games Convention: Bellingham, Washington's premier tabletop board game playing event
mbmbmbmbmb
They include everything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie B
United States
Unspecified
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
Great! Got the Special Edition plus bigger board for $98. Added some card sleeves to qualify for free shipping. Not bad.

I have the 12% discount from Funagain.

Thanks OP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Burleigh II
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Bless the Maker and His water... Bless the coming and going of Him... May His passage cleanse the world...
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the head's up… was hoping for additional AI decks… maybe after they've sent out replacements for everything, they'll offer up the spares (and/or print more).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
E-Newsletter has a little more info (and links to click), particularly for those outside US or attending GenCon:

http://us1.campaign-archive2.com/?u=09ac14cf4204b623f977b347...

Quote:
Scythe

Scythe's retail release is today, and retail copies will be available at Gen Con (see below). We are also now able to offer our excess Kickstarter inventory for direct purchase.

Important: Scythe's inventory is limited by region (the items are located in 5 different fulfillment centers), with each region's transactions being handled differently. If you miss out on a specific product in your region, you can (a) buy it from our US stock with high shipping rates (see link below) or (b) fill out our future printing request form.
United States
Canada
Asia
Australia/NZ
Europe/Africa/Middle East/South America/Russia (a few Kickstarter games in these regions are still in transit, so this is just a signup form for an August 10 notification)
If you're not in any of those regions, please buy from the United States store.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brandon neadles
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Why is the special edition showing up at $100? What is so special about it? Comparing the pages with the $80 version, is the only thing special about it that you get to pay $20 more?

Also, where do you get the 12% off?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thrustbucket wrote:
Why is the special edition showing up at $100? What is so special about it? Comparing the pages with the $80 version, is the only thing special about it that you get to pay $20 more?

Also, where do you get the 12% off?
Check out the chart on the Stonemaier page. Special edition is the retail version with the KS promo stuff.

12% is from the reward program.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brandon neadles
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks. The stonemaier page is blocked by my work firewall.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
I've only recently gotten back into board games in the last couple months so the KS wasn't an option for me to begin with.

When I heard about signing up for the newsletter I did right away. Been waiting and waiting for August 1st. It figures the newsletter doesn't come out until after I've left for work for the day. By the time I get home at 5 p.m. there's nothing to pick from in the U.S. store except the special edition. Maybe there wasn't much to pick from to begin with, I don't know? Could be.

The question I have is why when you have a RUN AWAY success of a game do you not tell the printer to make a few hundred or thousand more copies? This thing did 1.8 million in business, and you already run a game company. I could understand completely if this game had a KS goal of $10,000 and only earned $11,000. I wouldn't print any extras of that either.

Couldn't find what I wanted from funagain so I think I'll go buy someone else's game...

Hey, the next time you do a newsletter sale, start the sale at midnight so the 9 to 5ers can get a chance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Hartnett
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
GilbertMark wrote:

The question I have is why when you have a RUN AWAY success of a game do you not tell the printer to make a few hundred or thousand more copies?

This is why copies were available for purchase through funagain...extra copies were printed.

It's unfortunate you were unable to get the edition you wanted and the special edition didn't meet your needs. First world problems....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie B
United States
Unspecified
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
GilbertMark wrote:
I've only recently gotten back into board games in the last couple months so the KS wasn't an option for me to begin with.

When I heard about signing up for the newsletter I did right away. Been waiting and waiting for August 1st. It figures the newsletter doesn't come out until after I've left for work for the day. By the time I get home at 5 p.m. there's nothing to pick from in the U.S. store except the special edition. Maybe there wasn't much to pick from to begin with, I don't know? Could be.

The question I have is why when you have a RUN AWAY success of a game do you not tell the printer to make a few hundred or thousand more copies? This thing did 1.8 million in business, and you already run a game company. I could understand completely if this game had a KS goal of $10,000 and only earned $11,000. I wouldn't print any extras of that either.

Couldn't find what I wanted from funagain so I think I'll go buy someone else's game...

Hey, the next time you do a newsletter sale, start the sale at midnight so the 9 to 5ers can get a chance.

Sorry to hear that. Which version were you looking to buy? The Collector's Edition?

I think if you buy the Special Edition and add the coins, the bigger board and improved wood tokens (basically that is the Collector's Edition except that it isn't numbered and no fancy tokens) you are looking at $156 $142 which is almost the same as the Collector's Edition ($150 I believe)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The limited print run of the higher tiers is part of the appeal. It wouldn't make sense to make something called "collector's edition" that is mass produced. On top of that there are 15,000 copies of the collector's and art editions combined which is a normal print run for many games.

All of the being said, I am not sure what you were looking for specifically, but pretty much everything is still available, you just have to add the items a la carte. The only thing you can't get are the realistic tokens, the two extra plastic containers, and a numbered box. Getting a special edition with the coins and board extension is component-wise essentially a collector's edition without the realistic tokens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
burrie wrote:
I think if you buy the Special Edition and add the coins, the bigger board and the improved wood tokens (basically that is the Collector's Edition except that it isn't numbered) you are looking at $156 which is almost the same as the Collector's Edition ($150 I believe)
Just to clarify, the tokens for sale are NOT the collector's edition tokens. They are extras of the regular edition tokens. As far as I could tell, the upgraded tokens were not part of this sale, even this morning, and they are listed as $30 if they were to be sold in the future on the Stonemaier chart. Other than that, I completely agree with your post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie B
United States
Unspecified
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
ras2124 wrote:
burrie wrote:
I think if you buy the Special Edition and add the coins, the bigger board and the improved wood tokens (basically that is the Collector's Edition except that it isn't numbered) you are looking at $156 which is almost the same as the Collector's Edition ($150 I believe)
Just to clarify, the tokens for sale are NOT the collector's edition tokens. They are extras of the regular edition tokens. As far as I could tell, the upgraded tokens were not part of this sale, even this morning, and they are listed as $30 if they were to be sold in the future on the Stonemaier chart. Other than that, I completely agree with your post.

You are right. I changed my response.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Uh...I'm a 9 to 5'er and I was able to get one. They actually lasted for quite a bit, someone even had time to do a lengthy countdown. Even if you are firewalled at work, this is the age of the smartphone, man!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Hartnett
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
ras2124 wrote:
burrie wrote:

I purchased the realistic tokens as an add on through funagain today.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Whelp, I guess that is that. All of the games are now out of stock at Funagain it seems. Only bits remain.

If anyone is still looking for a copy, you should take a look at miniature market. They currently have 30 retail copies left in stock at $72.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Winvayren
United States
Victorville
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ehartnett00 wrote:
ras2124 wrote:
burrie wrote:

I purchased the realistic tokens as an add on through funagain today.

I also purchased a set of the realistic tokens this morning.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ras2124 wrote:
Whelp, I guess that is that. All of the games are now out of stock at Funagain it seems. Only bits remain.

If anyone is still looking for a copy, you should take a look at miniature market. They currently have 30 retail copies left in stock at $72.

$72?! They were $56 earlier today. Yikes! Supply and demand at work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin M
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MentatYP wrote:
$72?! They were $56 earlier today. Yikes! Supply and demand at work.

Yeah it wouldn't be the first time MM has done that. I've seen them completely pull stock on a hot item before and then have it appear a couple hours later at a higher price. They're in the business to make money, though, so I can't fault them at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.