Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad103
United States
Skaneateles
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems like most of the storage solutions I've seen for this game are for either the game and the expansion, or just the base game with sleeves, but not much for the game, expansion, and sleeved cards. The only one that came close was the solution by arucuan, combining the game and expansion boxes. But once I sleeved the cards, this didn't work. I knew I needed another box.

Sometimes, a simple solution can work out to be the best solution. And nothing is simpler than a plain Card Box (BCW 500).

All the cards (sleeved) fit perfectly in this box. There is a bit of room to spare so they aren't squished in there, but they fill the area so they aren't sliding around either. The Favor and Loyalty boards fit along side the cards, along with 4 of the 8 treasure chest end pieces. Next to those I put the cube bag. These items help hold the cards in place as well. On top of the cards sit the Contraband boards. That makes up most of the big pieces in the box. To fill the rest of the space I put in the locations, npc ship/mission markers, the dice and npc ship upgrades (in the two small bags). These items can be interchanged with any of the bags of tokens.

In the main box on one side I have all the ships, flags, and storm cloud, laying flat. The other side contains the main treasure chest pieces (on bottom, not seen), remaining treasure chest side pieces, wind spinner, treasure galleon board, coins (black bag), and various bags of tokens (cargo, upgrades, flags, etc). On top of this I put the rules book and reference sheets. On top of that goes the game board and player board. I put the rules/sheets down first so that it holds all the pieces below from shuffling around too much.

I found this to be a great solution for me to hold this game. It keeps it small and portable (the double box stacking mentioned above worked well but was hard to carry in my bag). Setup and storage is easy. The ships and cards are kept safe from damage (I hope). And it's easy to 'make'. No foam core to cut and glue, no expensive laser cutting, just a cheap little box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.