Hide
5 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Catch the Hare? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Some Guy
msg tools
I'm slowly getting my dad into board games. He used to play a Catch the Hare variant when he was young. I have two questions.
1. What is the best version of Catch the Hare that is available?
2. Is there a different game that uses the same type of mechanics that he may enjoy?

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
"I was born not knowing and have had only a little time to change that here and there."
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you mean this game? I have not played it, but from reading it's description, the first thing that popped in my head were some of those 1 vs All games. Maybe something like Letters from Whitechapel or Scotland Yard. Those have a hunters vs the hunted feel.

EDIT: Actually, thinking about it more, Raptor might be a good one to look into also.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carel Teijgeler
Netherlands
Vlaardingen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do not know whether this fills all the requirements, but if PnP is not a problem:

Chasing Alice, based on Lewis Carroll's classic. Alice have to catch the White Rabbit, while the Queen of Hearts should not catch her.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Some Guy
msg tools
Yes, that is the game I was talking about.

Thank you for the recommendations. I will check them out!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Some Guy
msg tools
That sounds like a lot of fun. I will print it out to test.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.