Florian Jehn
Germany
flag msg tools
Hello there,
a few years ago I developed my own board game, which I gave the name King of the Hill. It is a rather abstract game, where one has to hold the center piece that is surrounded by four increasingly larger rings (pictures will be added later). I built the game out of wood and metal and it was quite fun to play. As I am getting more and more intro programming I thought it would be a good idea to try to digitalize my game using python. My main goal is to program a version of my game that can be played online with friends. In this thread I will post updates on my progress and hope that some of you will enjoy it or even decide to help me by giving tips or even by programming themselves. The source code and the game rules can be found on GitHub (https://github.com/zutn/King_of_the_Hill). Up until now only the rules are online but I hope I will be able to deliver some more content soon.
Best regards
Florian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florian Jehn
Germany
flag msg tools
Re: [WIP] King of the Hill: Trying to programm a online playable tactical board game
Here is a picture of the board of the analog version:

If someone is interested in building his own analog version of the game I can add information on how I crafted the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florian Jehn
Germany
flag msg tools
Re: [WIP] King of the Hill: Trying to programm a online playable tactical board game
Update: Managed to programm a rough version of the board (not yet in colors)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florian Jehn
Germany
flag msg tools
Hello there,
the project is not dead and I was able to program a bit more. Things that changed since the last post:
- more code (obviously^^)
- split the game in different files for a better overview
- all tiles are now seperate objects
- the terrain is randomly allocated once the game starts

The result can be seen here:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.