6 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: New fresh 2-player games (in 2016?) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
K L
msg tools
Hey there,

can you recommend me some 2-player games that are rather new and fresh?

Maybe 7 Wonders: Duel ist worth a try?

So far we mainly enjoy games like:
IMperial Settlers
Castles of Burgundy
Agricola
CV

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark T
United States
Southern MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, the "cult of the new" presented in all it's glory. Don't get me wrong, I too am susceptible to the lure of shiny new packaging and unpunched sheets of cardboard. Still, depending on how long you've been playing board games and what you've tried in the past, there may still be some great games from years gone by that you might be interested in.

Thurn and Taxis
Notre Dame
Pandemic
Shadowrun: Crossfire
While these are not exclusively for 2, they play pretty well with two while scaling well for more.

Catan Card Game
This one is exclusively for 2 and is quite fun, though some might argue that the game is decided by who gets the "extra" settlement.

You might also check out some of the video reviews who have made top ten lists. Rahdo and Dice Tower are my current preferences.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
Think it was towards the end of 2015, although I certainly didn't play until 2016 but I think Raptor is great! Asymmetrical play, card drive action. Great theme, lovely components. Quick but with depth - worth a look!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felix Rodriguez
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You should not ignore older games. But in any case, here are some of my latest 2-player acquisitions that I highly recommend:

Patchwork
Arboretum
Factory Funner
13 Days: The Cuban Missile Crisis

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Die Legenden von Andor: Chada & Thorn a nice little card game (1-2 players) in the world of Andor. Unfortunately there still isn't an English version available or even announced (hopefully Thames & Kosmos will eventually publish it), but there is a full English translation in the files section of the game.

Available languages besides German are Dutch, Italian, French, Portuguese, and Spanish (all 2016, I don't know if they are already on the shelves).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Burrell
United States
Cedar Rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
Fight for Olympus

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.