14 Posts

Mansions of Madness: Second Edition» Forums » General

Subject: The app seems to be on apple store rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Henrik Madsen
Denmark
flag msg tools
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mansions-of-madness/id112075...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Carr
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just from playing around with it for a few minutes, it looks really amazing and extremely thematic. I cannot flippin' wait to play this with the board game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
soak man
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Karlson311007 wrote:
Just from playing around with it for a few minutes, it looks really amazing and extremely thematic. I cannot flippin' wait to play this with the board game!

So glad to hear this!!! Hope it is available to DL on my Kindle Fire!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yuriy Matuhno
Ukraine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not on google playmarket yet

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Carr
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had to force myself to quit playing it so I don't spoil any of the scenarios, but it looks like there are four scenarios to choose from at this point, each varying in difficulty, play length, and story of course.

After that, you can select your investigators, which brings up the point that it looks like you definitely must have the old 1st edition content in full rather than just proxy in investigators or monster figures because the app allows you to tell it what you own and it's either all or nothing.

I really like the new artwork they did for the old investigators too in order to make them all match.

I'm sure most of us will be checking this app out today and gathering our own initial thoughts and impressions, but all of mine are full of excitement and anticipation for the game's full release.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mariano Rico
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am speechless. This is way better than in my wildest dreams. After a very brief look and I am amazed at how this is going to play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Madsen
Denmark
flag msg tools
Karlson311007 wrote:

can you tell how much voice over there is? (is it just the intro like descent?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniele Lucchi
Italy
Roma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NetDuke wrote:
Karlson311007 wrote:

Just the intro
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Carr
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never played Descent, but this app narrates the opening backstory for each scenario it looks like and then relies heavily upon text when you're actually playing. There is subdued background music and eerie ambiance effects as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mariano Rico
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Karlson311007 wrote:
I've never played Descent, but this app narrates the opening backstory for each scenario it looks like and then relies heavily upon text when you're actually playing. There is subdued background music and eerie ambiance effects as well.

And some specific sound effects as well, from the little I have seen. NPCs dont have voice acting, at least not the first time you encounter one. But there are dialogue options.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Amor, sola lex
mbmbmbmbmb
Herjan wrote:
NetDuke wrote:
Karlson311007 wrote:

Just the intro

And the outro

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hey guys if you go into the collection section of the app and under 2nd edition products if you click on the game itself you get a full list of characters and monsters included in the game.

Here is the list of monsters if you guys want it. spoilers of course

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Cultist (more cultists for 1ed owners then)
Deep One
Deep One Hybrid
Ghost
Hunting Horror
Child of Dagon
Priest of Dagon
Riot
Star Spawn
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R.P. Kraul
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
Karlson311007 wrote:

Yes, this app is extremely impressive. They put a lot of thought into the theming as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonello Piemonte
Germany
munich
Bavaria
flag msg tools
TrueLolzor wrote:
Not on google playmarket yet

it is there

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fantasyfli...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.