Popular Tags: [View All]
Ray
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What X-Wing really needs are some good campaign systems, and its great that "Heroes of the Aturi Cluster – Co-operative Rebel Campaign" came along!

The Rebel Transport Expansion Pack comes with a pretty neat little campaign, but why doesn't FFG look into adding some sort of real campaign system (or two) for their X-Wing game. This game can benefit from one, so HotAC is most welcomed. But that doesn't mean FFG couldn't still develop a good campaign system.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RayGuns wrote:
What X-Wing really needs are some good campaign systems, and its great that "Heroes of the Aturi Cluster – Co-operative Rebel Campaign" came along!

The Rebel Transport Expansion Pack comes with a pretty neat little campaign, but why doesn't FFG look into adding some sort of real campaign system (or two) for their X-Wing game. This game can benefit from one, so HotAC is most welcomed. But that doesn't mean FFG couldn't still develop a good campaign system.

Completely Agree. If they wanted to make money at it, they could sell faction specific mini campaigns.

Example : This mini campaign pack is for scum specifically and requires *these ships*. *These other ships* are optional.

Come out with 6 of these per faction. Make them cooperative and / or solo playable (which admittedly is the tough part) and they WOULD sell like hotcakes. I'd buy every single one of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JP Legerski
United States
Grand Forks
North Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Atari Cluster is lots of fun but I think the largest barrier for most folks is creating the materials. I wishh FFG would buy it from the developers and produce it. The campaign would have no difficulty selling. They could also bundle it with new ships and make faction-specific campaigns.

I am sure it's on the eventual horizon but right now I think they are hesitant to fuss with what they already have going, given they already making loads of money.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Poll
If FFG had put out something like a boxed set of Heroes of the Aturi Cluster with professionally made components and everything, would you buy it?
Yes
No
      65 answers
Poll created by RayGuns
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Marky
Hungary
Budaörs
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Our hopes are quited good, as Armada will be awarded with a campaign kit. Why not X-Wing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Chadwick

Charlotte
North Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FFG has just released a boxed campaign for Armada that is pvp. So, there is hope that they do the same for X-wing. I know a lot of people that would try it.

There are a few people trying to make a campaign system on their own. I've not seen any real results of that, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
RayGuns wrote:
Poll
If FFG had put out something like a boxed set of Heroes of the Aturi Cluster with professionally made components and everything, would you buy it?
Yes
No
      65 answers
Poll created by RayGuns

I would, because I buy everything X-Wing, as long as it's good

But I'm not sure whether I'd play it. Maybe solo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.