Popular Tags: [View All]
Isaac Childres
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Though you are probably aware from many sources that Gloomhaven will be demoing at Gen Con this week, I just thought I'd make an official post about it.

Cephalofair Games will be at booth 2963, at the back of Entrepreneur's Avenue. There you will find a number of things:

1. Demos of Gloomhaven. I'll be personally running a shortened scenario for players. It is just a single room and I expect it to run about an hour or so with rules explanation. This scenario was created for Gen Con and isn't in the published scenario book, but I may make it available via PDF at some later time.

2. Sales of Scythe and Forge War. We're partnering with Stonemaier Games to sell retail copies of Scythe (with a promo pack of 4 extra encounter cards). They will be available for MSRP ($80). We will also have retail copies of Forge War for MSRP ($70), though if you wanted to buy both games, we'll give you a discount.

3. A Brawling Brother. Brandon from the Brawling Brothers Board Gaming Podcast will be working at the booth all weekend with me, so come by and see him as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris M
United States
Kearneysville
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have a great Con, Isaac. Get rest when you can, plenty of liquids and some good meals as you will need it for all the very happy people that will definitely enjoy the demos you will provide. I know I really enjoyed my demo on Sunday at Origins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Winchester
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So you will be demoing Gloomhaven, but none for sale?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared
United States
Telford
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bamjoe wrote:
So you will be demoing Gloomhaven, but none for sale?

It's still in production, finalizing proofs, with a projected October release.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hladky
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
Currently working on Perdition's Mouth Board game content
badge
Imperial Assault - Imperial Player
mbmbmbmbmb
For us from the oversea, please, record some of the demoes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Martin
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll def be there. I can't wait. I am SO STOKED for Gloomhaven.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Childres
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Tselin3369 wrote:
Have a great Con, Isaac. Get rest when you can, plenty of liquids and some good meals as you will need it for all the very happy people that will definitely enjoy the demos you will provide. I know I really enjoyed my demo on Sunday at Origins.

I typically operate on very little rest and crappy meals at conventions. It hasn't killed me yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Grawan
Germany
Lehrte
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a genious idea, selling Sythe at your booth. This will draw in a lot of folks that can then be lured into the awesomeness that will be Gloomhaven!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fluid Karma
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With a projected October release, will the game be available at Essen?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Ackland
msg tools
Latest estimate is a November release, so no.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Ackland
msg tools
Though according to Isaac's latest blog entry, he'll be selling pre-orders at Essen, and the physical games corresponding to those pre-orders will already be on the boat from China by that time.
So... kind of?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hladky
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
Currently working on Perdition's Mouth Board game content
badge
Imperial Assault - Imperial Player
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, you can not bring the game home from the con. So that is no. The preorder from today is the same as in Essen. But if Essen was closer to where I lived I would have stopped by to see a demo at least.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.