Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

7 Ronin» Forums » General

Subject: A warning in regards to the promo token set that comes with pre-orders. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The Rake
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just wanted to provide a word of caution to people that pre-ordered the game. The promo token set is a small punch board that is about the size of a normal poker-sized card along with instructions printed on a card of the same size with clear plastic wrap keeping them together. It is not inside nor taped to the outside of the game box but just placed loosely in the shipping box. I'm not complaining at all how this was done but just wanted to bring it to your attention so you do not do what I almost did.

I removed the game (which was wrapped very well in bubble wrap) from the box. Took a quick look in the box and it appeared to be completely empty. Promptly tossed the shipping box in an area at our company where we put boxes to be recycled. A few hours later I opened the game and went through the contents and didn't see any promo token set. Worried I went back and dug out the box I had tossed away just to double check. When I looked in the box it still appeared to be empty but I reached in and lifted one of the bottom flaps and there was the token set. I just wanted to let others be aware of how easily the set can be overlooked in the box. It can easily fit under one of the flaps in the box and not be noticed. So don't throw yours away like I almost did.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin M
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine was still sitting right on top of the box in plain sight, but this is a helpful post for anyone who may have had things shift around in shipment. Granted, my box only had to travel about 15 miles from where they were being distributed, so that may have helped.

I'm just glad to finally have the game in hand! The production quality is great!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Rake
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm really excited to finally have a copy as well. I'm really looking forward to giving it a try. While I completely agree with you that the quality of the components is really good, the only complaint I have is how small everything is. Even the board is quite smaller than I expected. I'm really concerned that I will loose those tiny little shuriken. I can hardly pick them up .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin M
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, those shuriken rival the quest markers from Forge War as the smallest wood bits I have in my collection. They're almost comically tiny.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Rake
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just wanted to add that I posted some pictures of the tokens and components for anyone that was eagerly waiting to see them. Like I was.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Maesen
United States
Pacifica
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree. I love the quality and detail. But, I wish everything was twice as big.

After only a few plays, my wife and I really like this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.