Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

The Princes of Florence» Forums » General

Subject: Noob questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Can a player pass on Action phase or only do one action??
---------
which of the cards do you draw 5 and keep one and which of the cards you get randomly? (do prestiege cards come randomly or you draw 5 and keep one? what about work cards?, i know proffession cards) and which cards do you determine the order when discarding them?
--------
when you are the starting player,, can you pass on STARTING an Auction? (player doesnt have 200 to start a bid, and knows other players dont need the item)
-------

when you complete a work, do you instantly cash in the workpoints for money/pp or after every one does the actions

---------

i didnt find this anywhere. does each player do his actions alone. or

player 1 does action 1
player 2 does action 1
player 3 does action 1
player 1 does action 2
player 2 does action 2
player 3 does action 2

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tucker Taylor
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Is your score positive? You win! (Some players win more than others.)
badge
A woman needs a man like a fish needs a saxophone.
mbmbmbmbmb
Dsdjpofjs wrote:

Yes, to both.

Quote:
which of the cards do you draw 5 and keep one and which of the cards you get randomly? (do prestiege cards come randomly or you draw 5 and keep one? what about work cards?, i know proffession cards) and which cards do you determine the order when discarding them?

Any time you draw cards (Profession, Bonus, Prestige, and even Recruiter if you like) you draw five, pick one, and put the other four on the bottom of the appropriate deck in whatever order you choose.

Quote:
when you are the starting player,, can you pass on STARTING an Auction? (player doesnt have 200 to start a bid, and knows other players dont need the item)

I am just about positive the answer is Yes. Note that you can spend Prestige Points as florins to win an auction (or for any other purpose).

Quote:
when you complete a work, do you instantly cash in the workpoints for money/pp or after every one does the actions

Immediately.

Quote:

player 1 does action 1
player 2 does action 1
player 3 does action 1
player 1 does action 2
player 2 does action 2

Player 1 does both actions, then player 2 does both actions, etc.

Enjoy the game! It's a great one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Smiles
United States
Dedham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
admin
The ratio of people to cake is too big.
badge
Excuse me, I believe you have my stapler...
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you can pass actions. But doing so is very rarely a good idea. You only get 14 actions. Make good use of every one of them.

Every deck of cards is draw 5, keep 1. Although since the recruitment cards are all the same, it's not needed here.

Yes, you can pass on the auction. Again, there are only 7 auctions, and you want to get something useful at each of them. But if needed you can pass. Also remember that you can go backwards on the score track to take extra money. You are also only require to do this when you pay, not when you make the bid.

You take the money/points immediately. Often times you need the cash from the work to fund the second action.

After the auction, each player takes both of their actions at one time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JazzFish wrote:
Dsdjpofjs wrote:

Yes, to both.

Quote:

Any time you draw cards (Profession, Bonus, Prestige, and even Recruiter if you like) you draw five, pick one, and put the other four on the bottom of the appropriate deck in whatever order you choose.

Quote:

I am just about positive the answer is Yes. Note that you can spend Prestige Points as florins to win an auction (or for any other purpose).

Quote:

Immediately.

Quote:

player 1 does action 1
player 2 does action 1
player 3 does action 1
player 1 does action 2
player 2 does action 2

Player 1 does both actions, then player 2 does both actions, etc.

Enjoy the game! It's a great one.

thank you very much my dear bgg-er

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly Bass
United States
Venice
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Note that if the player starting the auction passes on naming an item to bid on, he may not even bid on an item named by another player during this round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chockle wrote:
Note that if the player starting the auction passes on naming an item to bid on, he may not even bid on an item named by another player during this round.

intresting, thank you very much

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.