Subject: Basic movement / attack questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Morgan
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I've scanned the forum for this and can't seem to find it, so my apologies if it's been addressed elsewhere...

If the tactical movement chart for the allies has you move the enemy towards the closest German Unit/Cover, and that move puts the German unit within target range, does the enemy have to attack and incur the die penalty for moving and attacking (per the updated rules), or does the player decide whether or not the enemy executes the attack on the next turn?

I just recently purchased the game and the first couple playthrough did so as the enemy has to attack once in range. To do otherwise seems like it gives the player too much say in the outcome (i.e. you could chose to move out of range on the next turn, etc.)

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Megee
United States
Edgewater Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say that the Allies WILL attack as long as they are in range after movement. Page 13 of the rulebook says:

Enemy Actions

Move each Enemy Unit, then
resolve its attack, before going
on to the next Unit. You can
resolve their actions in any
order.

I will say that I have NOT read the entire Update Kit rules. I also have to say that I have NOT played with the Update Kit rules. I play the game with the original rules and enjoy the game rules as written.

Either way you play, just have FUN!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Morgan
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks James.

That's how I was interpreting it, but because of the movement rules,it seemed to really consolidate the enemy fire into one area at times maybe more than you would expect. But like I said, I don't really think it would work the other way.

I guess the player needs to take that into consideration from a tactical standpoint when moving your units. I guess you could look at it as simulating an overly exposed position.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.