Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Kluck
United States
Hudson
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So an enemy has control on a province with value 4. In order to take it from him I'll need 4 + 4 (barring Nationalism, neighboring minor provinces, and all the other caveats).

So if I win are all 8 influence chits replaced by the circular control marker or only the required 4 to control the province? If I lose the roll, do I lose all 8 chits?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Monte
United States
Glendale
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You're correct about how to calculate competition costs. Yes, if you lose the die roll, you lose the chits. So if you started with 24 chits and lost the first competition against a 4 market with a domination marker, you would be left with 16 chits.

When I play, the only thing that typically goes on the board is the circular piece or a single chit if I'm taking a satellite. We count down from the number we wrote every time we have a combat. So I would say something like, "I dialed (borrowed this from Dune) 32, attacking here for 4 so that leaves me with 28. Didn't win, try again 24. Got it, now I'm attacking here for 8 that leaves me at 16. Got it, now I'll try here for 5 leaves me at 11." And so on...

In your example the only thing that goes in the space is the 4 chits... the other 4 killed the other guys, leaving it empty for your 4 leftover people. When ever you attack you have to have the market number + whatever your opponent has. But, opponents can never over stack as defense, that's what the satellites are for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Kluck
United States
Hudson
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Eric.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.