Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Johnson
United States
Coon Rapids
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
It sounds like another Death Watch box set game is coming out in August. Here are some of the rumors

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2016/08/40k-deathwatch-boxed-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Johnson
United States
Coon Rapids
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
Ok now it sounds like it will be more a starter for Warhammer 40K and not a stand alone game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
Grodd1016 wrote:
Ok now it sounds like it will be more a starter for Warhammer 40K and not a stand alone game.

Yeah. This was my understanding when the rumours came out. The 200+ page rulebook was the giveaway for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
More rumors:

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2016/08/40k-breaking-deathwat...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Johnson
United States
Coon Rapids
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
It would great if they made DW: Overkill cards for the new characters. May in a future White Dwarf.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Warhammer-40-000?N=1023...

A lot of new (and old) stuff in one starter box. For 40K. The box comes with 31 models, including 3 vehicles. And a full 40K rulebook.

New Deathwatch dudes, and a bevy of Harlequins. This is the tippy-top elites of the Galaxy duking it out. Honestly, for me, elite veteran vanguard Deathwatch Space Marines vs elite hyper-trained veteran Harlequins is a bit of too much icing on too little cake. But, taken separately, I like them both. Not sure either faction is a full stand-alone, take on all comers 40K army. But, they could not be more elite.

And, of course, there is more you need to buy to play 40K. A DW codex plus datacards. I don't know where you get the Harlequin rules, and other Eldar rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Dudek
United States
Ilion
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First, Harlequins have their own codex already. Second, based on past experience with the two army sets like Stormclaw and Bloodstorm, there will be a book included that has the 40k rules and stats necessary to use the models included. And a few scenarios. No codex is necessary to use those boxed army sets and play a few games. From there, it would be necessary to buy more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D. Patton
United States
Myrtle Creek
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Grodd1016 wrote:
It would great if they made DW: Overkill cards for the new characters. May in a future White Dwarf.

This is such a good idea. I can only hope that they find room in the new monthly White Dwarf magazines to do just that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
privateer4hire wrote:
Grodd1016 wrote:

This is such a good idea. I can only hope that they find room in the new monthly White Dwarf magazines to do just that.

It's certainly the kind of thing I can see them doing more of. One of the great things about GW is the connected universe, and using the monthly publication to tie together core and subsidiary products is a great idea.

Doubt I would buy Death Masque for that purpose though - the contents look great, but I just don't want to get back into the tabletop war game stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Johnson
United States
Coon Rapids
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
Yeah I was thinking of getting it but I'm going to let it go. The named characters will most likely be out at some point, but knowing GW prices they will be expensive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Johnson
United States
Coon Rapids
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
I asked about it on the 40K Facebook page. They said they hadn't heard anything about new cards but they would ask about it. So I hope they make a few of the cards. I need an excuse to buy the Watch Commander.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.