Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter de Boer
Austria
Velden
Carinthia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules on the initial auction say: "On his/her turn, a player must either raise the bid (from £0) by at least £5, or must pass."

If you start the bidding, can you start by bidding £0, or do you have to start by bidding at least £5? (I'm sorry if this is obvious, to me it isn't).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Saari
Finland
flag msg tools
http://www.lautapeliopas.fi/ - the best Finnish board game resource!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you bid, you must bid at least £5. As I read this, the only way you can win with £0 is when everybody passes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
marc magner
United States
webster
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the initial player starts the bidding at 0 and the other players need to raise to stay in. So yes the first bid is zero, so that if everyone passes the Priority player gets an item at face value.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Goch
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There isn't any exception for the first player in the auction. He must either raise the bid by 5 (from 0, as noted) or pass. By passing he effectively bids 0 since, if all other players pass, he will win the bid and pay nothing. The only difference is that he may not reenter the bidding if he passes (as would be the case for anyone who passes).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.