Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Williams
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see MoM2 for $85 on CSI, which is only a 15% discount. Do you folks think it's likely to get a bit cheaper after the game is released? Often CSI has a discount closer to 30%.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Holzhauer
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
Building the perfect game collection for our growing family
badge
Who knew Euro games could be thematic?
mbmbmbmbmb
Not much cheaper, I'd imagine, considering the new Asmodee/FFG pricing model. Amazon might go a bit cheaper, and if the game flops, the price may come down. Otherwise, I'd say $85 is just about the average you'll pay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Williams
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dojogrant wrote:
considering the new Asmodee/FFG pricing model

This is news to me... what's the deal? (a link is fine)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Holzhauer
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
https://boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/49101/asmodee-clarifies-i...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Hersey
United States
Peoria
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Think there's any chance the game will be discounted at Gencon?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
intently wrote:
dojogrant wrote:
considering the new Asmodee/FFG pricing model

This is news to me... what's the deal? (a link is fine)

And in more current and breaking news:

https://www.shutupandsitdown.com/games-news-010816-the-asmod...

SUSD News bit wrote:

"OK. Wow. Who wants to play a game of real-life Monopoly! None of you? Well, you’re out of luck. Put on this top hat and climb into my weird, narrow car.

News emerged last week that Asmodee, the largest conglomerate of designer board games publishers in the world, was acquiring F2Z Entertainment, the second largest publisher. This will make them such a big company that their rivals will realistically be Hasbro and Mattel.

After this merger goes ahead, Asmodee will be in control of the following designer board game companies: Asmodee, Fantasy Flight, Days of Wonder, Z-Man Games, Plaid Hat, Catan Studio, Windrider Games, Space Cowboys, Pretzel Games and Filosofia Éditions. Asmodee and F2Z’s combined publishing rights for tons of other games (including those of Bombyx, Repos Productions, Matagot, Carcassonne and Spot It!) will also be brought together under one roof."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cardhaus has it for $77 http://www.cardhaus.com/catalog/board_games-preorder_board_g...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thebaker1983 wrote:

Yet, for me, it was cheaper ordering it from CSI or Miniature Market because they have lower ceilings for free shipping, and lower shipping rates in general to my city (Portland, Oregon -- it was $5 cheaper shipping from these larger stores than Cardhaus when last I compared).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Williams
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all the info!

At $85, it's easy to qualify for free shipping from CSI.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Mair
Canada
St. Hubert
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GreatBoardGames dot CA has it for $115CAD (MSRP in Canada looks to be $130).

Seems a bit high yet reasonable at the same time.

I'm conflicted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asmodee sounds like the EA of the board game world :/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Williams
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rmair62 wrote:

I'm conflicted.

It's extremely expensive for what's in the box. The app adds some additional value. I am interested to learn if the app will include ongoing, free content releases, or if everything through the app will cost money.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If the price doesn't go down substantially, I fear only a select die hard fans with money to burn will end up buying it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Holzhauer
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
grahamj wrote:
If the price doesn't go down substantially, I fear only a select die hard fans with money to burn will end up buying it.

I feel like that's most people in this hobby; many, many great games are certainly not "cheap." Plus, for me, I ended up having an auction to pay for this and 1E (among some other new additions), so I wasn't out any new money.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ParisianDreams
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
intently wrote:
rmair62 wrote:

I'm conflicted.

It's extremely expensive for what's in the box. The app adds some additional value. I am interested to learn if the app will include ongoing, free content releases, or if everything through the app will cost money.

It's due to our crap CAD dollar, a lot of Canadian online retailers have upp'd their prices a bit because of it. It's also $115 at Board Game Bliss.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
* J *
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here in Australia, I normally buy my games from ozgameshop. MOM is currently available for preorder at $165 AUD ($125 USD). shake Ever get the feeling you're getting screwed?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BFL's going down (under)
Australia
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seamo66 wrote:
Here in Australia, I normally buy my games from ozgameshop. MOM is currently available for preorder at $165 AUD ($125 USD). shake Ever get the feeling you're getting screwed?

Does that include shipping, or is that extra?

It's on gamesparadise for $150 AU, with free delivery. That's the best I've been able to find it in Oz shops so far. Still way more than our US brethren pay, taking into account the exchange rate angry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a chance that you can expect a deeper discount on Amazon.com eventually. Amazon is big enough that it can ignore price restrictions, for instance Cmon games are cheaper on Amazon than on Cool Stuff Inc. You get the full 35% off retail on Amazon for Cmon products vs 20% for olgs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Williams
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wetworks wrote:
There's a chance that you can expect a deeper discount on Amazon.com eventually. Amazon is big enough that it can ignore price restrictions, for instance Cmon games are cheaper on Amazon than on Cool Stuff Inc. You get the full 35% off retail on Amazon for Cmon products vs 20% for olgs.

I almost always compare CSI vs. Amazon, but Amazon (Prime) is never cheaper than a $100+ order on CSI. Although, I've only bought one CMON game, and it wasn't in stock at CSI at the time!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.