United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yanks is finally shipping to pre-orders!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
We will bury you
mbmbmbmbmb
So the flooding is not impacting things? There was some implication that shipping might get delayed a day or two because of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Kruse
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure about that but did attempt to contact office to update CC info and oddly enough i got a voicemail which told me the office was closed to please call back on the next business day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Douglas
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pumped! Time for FKAC 3rd edition MMP!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JP Laurio
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ddavidc wrote:
I'm pumped! Time for FKAC 3rd edition MMP!

Don't hold your breath with that one...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kossits
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JASONMKRUSE wrote:
Yanks is finally shipping to pre-orders!!!!

Yay! Now to get some more stuff that uses it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave K
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Love 'em even if a few games get scuttled from time to time.
badge
Meow.
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel like I preordered this... but I can't recall for sure. And their page seems to be unable to send password resets. I guess I'll call their customer service tomorrow...

At any rate, glad to hear it's coming out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yawnks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Mitchell
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I don't know what you have to say, it makes no difference anyway: whatever it is, I'm against it!
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure why one would yawn at a revamped release of the Americans for ASL, with newly laid out counters — crisper printing and finer die cuts — and 41(!) scenarios included... After a number of years of being out of print, this is doubtlessly exciting for many who are new to ASL.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Watson
United Kingdom
Banstead
Surrey - United Kingdom
flag msg tools
ASL - other tactical wargames call it Sir.
badge
Beneath this mask there is an idea.....and ideas are bulletproof.
mbmbmbmbmb
patton1138 wrote:
Not sure why one would yawn at a revamped release of the Americans for ASL, with newly laid out counters — crisper printing and finer die cuts — and 41(!) scenarios included... After a number of years of being out of print, this is doubtlessly exciting for many who are new to ASL.

And for some who have been with ASL from the start - I sold my original AH copy of Yanks a couple of years ago, as I knew I would want to get this when it appeared - redone boards/counters - and have made do with SK US counters since.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Mitchell
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I don't know what you have to say, it makes no difference anyway: whatever it is, I'm against it!
mbmbmbmbmb
domus_ludorum wrote:
patton1138 wrote:

And for some who have been with ASL from the start - I sold my original AH copy of Yanks a couple of years ago, as I knew I would want to get this when it appeared - redone boards/counters - and have made do with SK US counters since.

Yeah, even though I've not played a game of ASL in years, I'm getting ready to dump the core modules that I do have and upgrade to the newer editions. No more blurry parallelogram counters, consistent component quality across modules (the funky font for the French really bugs me), often double the number of scenarios, and a way to easily replace my boards with the thinner cardboard — which again, have more consistent graphics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Kruse
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And guess what? There is no record of my order Wheeeeeee!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Kruse
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Order located, crisis averted! In case this ever happens to you and they can't locate your order, apparently phone in orders involve a separate account.
Yay MMP!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sadler
United States
Olney
Maryland
flag msg tools
From the Halls of Montezuma...
badge
...to the Shores of Tripoli...
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy arrived a little while ago. I am close to Millersville and preordered early.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Kruse
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Blank
United States
Unspecified
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine is packing, so I should have it next week sometime.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Stewart
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
It's sooo Hot out here...
mbmbmbmbmb
Utrecht wrote:
So the flooding is not impacting things? There was some implication that shipping might get delayed a day or two because of it.

Those rules are covered in Chap E...
shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Cawley
United States
Anthem
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Steven re why it isn't all that exciting - because I already own GI Anvil of Victory and the original Yanks module, so...

I can understand someone who doesn't have a copy liking the re-release. I can understand someone who collects all things ASL being mildly interested in newer counters. But the earth is not moving under my feet.

Now, GMT announcing that Simonitch is doing a Market Garden game, that's exciting. Because you see it is actually new. Anyway...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kossits
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It IS all that exciting because I need this to play the 82nd AB HASL that's coming up. thumbsup

Can't wait to be dangling from that steeple in Ste Mere Eglise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.