$30.00
$15.00
$20.00
$5.00
J P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For those that didn't know this yet, the rules are on the Steam site.

Rules Reference:

http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/478980/manuals/...

Learn to Play:

http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/478980/manuals/...

EDIT: They're up on FFG's website too:

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/mansions-of-m...

That might be preferable to some, as the files on FFG's site are considerably smaller in size than the Steam ones, I think.
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Eye
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
Re: Rules up on Steam website!!
Many thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob

Tennessee
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great catch! Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I've been hoping for a 2nd edition for this game for years now, due to the fiddly nature of 1ed I was hoping it would get streamlined. Now reading these rules I think I got exactly what I wanted honestly, I can't wait

Also Death is pretty harsh this time around
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niklas Edin
Sweden
Bankeryd
Småland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Perfect! Just in time for my bedtime reading. Here, have some GG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ioticus
United States
Harrisonburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm really disappointed by the rule that you lose the game after one more turn if even one investigator dies. Not only does that seem overly harsh, but it eliminates exciting and dramatic endings where those last few investigators attempt to win against all odds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ioticus wrote:
I'm really disappointed by the rule that you lose the game after one more turn if even one investigator dies. Not only does that seem overly harsh, but it eliminates exciting and dramatic endings where those last few investigators attempt to win against all odds.
Reminds me of the time when, while playing Zombicide, I was eliminated 40 minutes into the game. That game took nearly 3 hours to finish. Wasn't exactly an exciting or dramatic ending for me...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
ioticus wrote:

Compared to what? In First Edition, if you died, you just came back as a different character. Death was a complete non-threat.

You can still very exciting and dramatic victories against all odds. It just has to happen in that final turn of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Thomas
msg tools
Page 11 - learn to play. Shouldn't 3 dice be rolled? (STR+1 check on app)

Maybe I'm just too tired and missed something on first glance through before bed!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Amor, sola lex
mbmbmbmbmb
SpaceKangaroo wrote:

Maybe I'm just too tired and missed something on first glance through before bed!

The text on pag 11 reads "three in total", seems right to me

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Logan
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Rules also at ffg
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mfl134 wrote:
Rules also at ffg

Thanks! I noted it in the first post. The FFG ones are probably better for most people as they seem to be much smaller files.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Colm
msg tools
mbmb
Ripshawd wrote:
ioticus wrote:
Reminds me of the time when, while playing Zombicide, I was eliminated 40 minutes into the game. That game took nearly 3 hours to finish. Wasn't exactly an exciting or dramatic ending for me...

Play better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ioticus
United States
Harrisonburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scarlet Witch wrote:
SpaceKangaroo wrote:

The text on pag 11 reads "three in total", seems right to me

I don't see the phrase "three in total" in the PDF and don't understand why 3 dice weren't rolled as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hornless Unicorn
msg tools
And another 100GG on this
badge
I just spent 100GG on this
mbmbmbmbmb
High Flying Bird wrote:
Ripshawd wrote:
ioticus wrote:

Play Roll better.

Fixed that for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
We apologise for the inconvenience
United Kingdom
Outside of the Asylum
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a warning to anyone planning to learn the game from these rules, I've noticed that based on the document properties, the PDF's available on Steam are tagged as created on 13th Jan 2016.

The ones on FFG's site are tagged 29th July 2016.

I haven't compared the contents, but I'd be surprised if there weren't any changes during the last 6 months.

Of lesser importance...
- as has been said, the ones on Steam are also just over 3 times as large (presumably FFG compress final versions more for their site)
- they also still have the page margins / tick marks showing where they should be cut
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J V
United States
Florence
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ioticus wrote:

Yeah, those are great for the people still in the game. The other guys who died an hour back are probably bored out of their damn minds.

Social activities that exclude people from participating until the end generally suck.

"Sorry Bob, you rolled a 1. That means you can't come on the rollercoasters with us - but you can watch! That's fun too, right?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.