Hide
8 Posts

BANG!» Forums » Rules

Subject: Vera Custer using Vulture Sam's ability rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
scott eng
msg tools
I've searched all over for this but couldn't find it anywhere.

If Vera Custer uses Vulture Sam's ability, she has that ability for an entire round. Now if someone besides Vera and Vulture dies, who gets the eliminated player's cards? Vulture or Vera? Since they both have the same ability at that moment.

Does Vulture get precedence, since it's his innate ability? That would seem to defeat the purpose of Vera EVER taking Vulture's ability, unless Vulture was the one who was going to die.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flying Arrow
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw the answer somewhere - either in the forums here, or at the official Bang! site in an FAQ or message board. The two split the cards 50/50, but I don't remember who gets the first card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AMOS BURKE
United Kingdom
WALSALL
WEST MIDLANDS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
we play it like this:
vulture sam gets the first casd then vera custer the next and so on till all the cards are gone.
Amos

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
420017 wrote:
we play it like this:
vulture sam gets the first casd then vera custer the next and so on till all the cards are gone.

Same here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emiliano Sciarra
Italy
CERVETERI
RM
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, you should start from the first player (between Vera Custer and Vulture Sam) in counterclockwise order from the eliminated character. Other than this, it works exactly as Amos said.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emiliano Sciarra
Italy
CERVETERI
RM
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Alkan wrote:
Actually, you should start from the first player (between Vera Custer and Vulture Sam) in counterclockwise order from the eliminated character. Other than this, it works exactly as Amos said.

Sorry, I mean "clockwise" (I was stick with 1st edition rules...).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Sauberer
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the same question at one point and ended up finding the answer in the faq for Dodge City (which can be found in its Geek entry or at the publisher's web site) since the expansion is what gives rise to the situation.

You've got the correct answer now in this thread, but I thought I'd toss this out for future reference.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
scott eng
msg tools
Thanks! I thought I had seen it somewhere, but didn't realize there was a separate page and section specifically for Dodge City.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.