Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Millennium Blades» Forums » Rules

Subject: Museum clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Charles Hasegawa
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Played yesterday with my son and we ran into a situation we needed clarification on.

Playing in the CCG Museum location (when you play a Gold Promo card gain 50 points, you can only have one gold promo in your deck).

I played a card that allowed me to draw a promo card from any pile and then replace the card I just played with the promo (thus, I pulled another gold card and played it for another 50 points). The second one wasn't in my deck, so I thought this was fair (of course ). He didn't agree so much.

Any thoughts or rulings?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
Given the wording on the card, you will get 50 rp every time you play a gold promo card. Of course, you'll have to find ways to cheat a gold promo into play, but as long as you can do that you're set.

The real question I have is, what is this card that allowed you to find and play another gold promo?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett MacDonald
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Tatsu wrote:
Played yesterday with my son and we ran into a situation we needed clarification on.

Playing in the CCG Museum location (when you play a Gold Promo card gain 50 points, you can only have one gold promo in your deck).

I played a card that allowed me to draw a promo card from any pile and then replace the card I just played with the promo (thus, I pulled another gold card and played it for another 50 points). The second one wasn't in my deck, so I thought this was fair (of course ). He didn't agree so much.

Any thoughts or rulings?


Depends on the exact wording... but I would say yes it was legal and you get 100 RP. If you want to post the actual card text we can better advise.

AzureNarwhal wrote:
Given the wording on the card, you will get 50 rp every time you play a gold promo card. Of course, you'll have to find ways to cheat a gold promo into play, but as long as you can do that you're set.

The real question I have is, what is this card that allowed you to find and play another gold promo?


Probably Missing in Action from Backer Meets World. Assuming this is the card he used then yes he would gain 100 RP as he successfully played 2 gold promos w/o having two in his deck.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Hasegawa
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't recall the exact name (nor set). It was a milk carton
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renan Neori
Israel
Tel Aviv
Gush Dan
flag msg tools
From a time before Pachinko...
badge
Don't touch!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
IIRC as long as your deck was legal at the start of the tournament anything that card effects let you do is fine.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Hasegawa
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
eflin wrote:
Probably Missing in Action from Backer Meets World.


That's the one
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harrow
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Zanziham wrote:
IIRC as long as your deck was legal at the start of the tournament anything that card effects let you do is fine.

This is correct. Your deck must be legal at the start of the tournament, but anything that changes it after the fact does not "disqualify" your deck. There is no such thing.

Legality is checked only when going into a tournament, and mid-tournament "illegality" is not a thing that exists in this game.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.