Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Dice Use Optional?
Can a player choose to not activate a die that has been programmed? If I programmed a movement of 1 space during Phase B, but realize during Phase C that to move would have catastrophic results, can I simply pick up the die without moving? Or do I just need to do a better job of programming my actions?

Barricades
To summarize my understanding of barricades:

1. You can build one on each of the 4 sides of The Dome (Room VII).

2. A barricade placed between two rooms, blocks Hero movement between those two rooms, even blocking the ability to climb over the barricade onto a platform.

3. Enemy melee attacks aimed at a Hero behind a barricade will target the barricade instead. If the melee attack value is 2 or less, the barricade absorbs it without effect. If the melee attack value is 3 or greater, the barricade will be damaged, resulting in it being either knocked over (1st time damaged) or removed from the room (2nd time damaged).

4. Hero melee attacks are unaffected by barricades.

If I have any of the above wrong, please let me know, but I'm pretty sure I've got it. Except...

Item #2 above and the diagram on page 13 of the rule book are confusing me. Why would you ever build a barricade in the middle of the room? What am I missing?

Campaign Life Points

Here are all the pertinent rules regarding carryover of life points from the Missions, in spoiler tags to de-clutter this post a bit:

Spoiler (click to reveal)
"Players start below with Mission 1 and continue through to Mission 7. Some game elements (Equipment, Life Points, etc.) may carry over from mission to mission.
Unless otherwise noted, Heroes start each mission with maximum Life Points and no equipment."

End of Mission 1:
"Your crew may restore 5/4/3/2 Life Points (shared as they wish) in a 4-/3-/2-1-player game. Otherwise, Life Points remain unchanged."

End of Mission 2:
Nothing regarding Heroes, only the Scientist.

End of Mission 3:
Nothing regarding Heroes, only the Scientist.

End of Mission 4:
"All heroes restore 2 Life Points before beginning the next mission (may not exceed max health).

End of Mission 5:
"Each Hero that survived the mission may keep one non-Boss equipment card (Grunt on reverse side) to use in the following mission."

End of Mission 6:
"Each Hero begins the next mission with the same number of Life Points that they ended this mission with. Also, each Hero may keep two non-Boss Equipment cards (Grunt on reverse side) for use in the next mission."
So, can those rules be summarized with the following:

Missions 1, 3, 4, and 6 - Heroes start with maximum Life Points.
Mission 2 - Heroes start with ending Life Points from Mission 1 plus Life Points restored per instructions at end of Mission 1.
Mission 5 - Heroes start with ending Life Points from Mission 4 plus 2 Life Points each.
Mission 7 - Heroes start with ending Life Points from Mission 6.

I'm sure I'm overthinking this, but want to make sure I'm getting this right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fay Florian
France
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
lSweetJusticel wrote:
Dice Use Optional?
Can a player choose to not activate a die that has been programmed?

yes ! the game is difficult enough !

lSweetJusticel wrote:

Barricades

1. You can build one on each of the 4 sides of any room !
2.3. right
4. hero melee attacks are affected by barricades IF the player wants to destroy the barricade. The player choose to destroy or not.
Quote:
Item #2 above and the diagram on page 13 of the rule book are confusing me. Why would you ever build a barricade in the middle of the room? What am I missing?

The players have no interest in building barricades between two rooms.
But in some missions there are barricades between two rooms; the rule remains the same.
In addition, there was talk during the game's development to enemies popping in the vessel.

Quote:

Campaign Life Points
Missions 1, 3, 4, and 6 - Heroes start with maximum Life Points.
Mission 2 - Heroes start with ending Life Points from Mission 1 plus Life Points restored per instructions at end of Mission 1.
Mission 5 - Heroes start with ending Life Points from Mission 4 plus 2 Life Points each.
Mission 7 - Heroes start with ending Life Points from Mission 6.

right !

have fun; hope to help you !
Mrf
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Misterfourmi wrote:
1. You can build one on each of the 4 sides of any room !
That's great news. I was thinking The Dome worked directionally, like the Promethium Tank room.

Thank you for the answers and congratulations on creating such a fun game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fay Florian
France
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
lSweetJusticel wrote:

Thank you for the answers and congratulations on creating such a fun game!

Thanks !
Glad that this game, a bit unusual, you like it!

MrF
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony C
United States
Holly Springs
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for asking and answering this question! :)

I just got this game and read through the rules, and that picture with the barricade was very confusing - if they block melee, and they only melee adjacent rooms from their area, why would I ever put one between two rooms? (I did not read through any of the campaign missions, I'll work my way through and discover them that way.)
I thought I was missing or misinterpreting something.

Looking forward to getting it to the table!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.