Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Eckman
United States
Oviedo
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sort of? In addition to the new version, I added on for one of the first printings. That shipped from Greece and arrived on Friday.
Haven't gotten the other KS stuff yet though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
United States
Boca Raton
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I received mine in Boca Raton, FL on Friday (7/29/16).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Pessano
United States
Tampa
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ugh, doesn't make me feel good about getting my copy.

Thx
jonpfl

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Eckman
United States
Oviedo
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
steckman wrote:
Sort of? In addition to the new version, I added on for one of the first printings. That shipped from Greece and arrived on Friday.
Haven't gotten the other KS stuff yet though.

Aaaand ... my other copy was waiting for me when I got home!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ozzy perez
United States
Hialeah
Fl
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I still haven't gotten mine cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Riley Tappan Mora
United States
WINTER GARDEN
FLORIDA
flag msg tools
Me neither in Orlando..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Pessano
United States
Tampa
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All,

I don't feel so bad now as it looks like a bunch of people in FL haven't gotten theirs.

Thx
jonpfl

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Cochran
United States
Cumming
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No love for me today in Atlanta. I had my fingers crossed and everything!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Pessano
United States
Tampa
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All,

Nothing in Tampa FL today.

I went out to run and errand when I got home at 530pm it was here. Box was in bad shape, cards added to package looked like they got wet and damaged.

Slight dent in box.

Thx
jonpfl

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vangelis Bagiartakis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Jon, I replied in another thread you posted about this matter but since this thread is about Florida, I think I should include it here as well, so that others from the same area can see it:

avyssaleos wrote:
Regarding the wet cards, after reading many of the comments in the Kickstarter campaign, it seems that most (if not all) backers from Tampa FL got wet cards.

It goes without saying that it sucks to receive such a package but when you realize that it happened to all the backers in that region (and only to that region - I'm talking about the wet packages/cards here) it's safe to assume that it wasn't due to Artipia's packaging but due to the way the local post-office handled them (or more accurately left them out in the rain/threw them in a pond?). The quantity of water required to completely soak the cardboard of a package and get the SHRINK WRAPPED cards inside wet, would do damage to any game (or letter/parcel) delivered the same day, regardless of how well it was packaged.

All that being said, I'm sure that if you send an email to Artipia they will make things right and send you replacements. In all their years as a company they have never left someone who received a damaged product without replacements.

I would strongly suggest though you contact your local post-office and aim your frustration there. To someone like me, reading so many comments from the exact same region about wet packages makes me furious with the negligence of the workers in that post-office. Especially when that negligence ends up costing another company, thousands of miles away, hundreds of dollars in replacements...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Pessano
United States
Tampa
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
avyssaleos wrote:
Jon, I replied in another thread you posted about this matter but since this thread is about Florida, I think I should include it here as well, so that others from the same area can see it:

avyssaleos wrote:
Regarding the wet cards, after reading many of the comments in the Kickstarter campaign, it seems that most (if not all) backers from Tampa FL got wet cards.

It goes without saying that it sucks to receive such a package but when you realize that it happened to all the backers in that region (and only to that region - I'm talking about the wet packages/cards here) it's safe to assume that it wasn't due to Artipia's packaging but due to the way the local post-office handled them (or more accurately left them out in the rain/threw them in a pond?). The quantity of water required to completely soak the cardboard of a package and get the SHRINK WRAPPED cards inside wet, would do damage to any game (or letter/parcel) delivered the same day, regardless of how well it was packaged.

All that being said, I'm sure that if you send an email to Artipia they will make things right and send you replacements. In all their years as a company they have never left someone who received a damaged product without replacements.

I would strongly suggest though you contact your local post-office and aim your frustration there. To someone like me, reading so many comments from the exact same region about wet packages makes me furious with the negligence of the workers in that post-office. Especially when that negligence ends up costing another company, thousands of miles away, hundreds of dollars in replacements...

And I replied back to that thread stating my cards were NOT shrink wrapped. I keep hearing that but when I opened my box, the cards were all loose and had water damage.

Even my wife commented "Why would a game company ship cards like that?"

I get tons of games from UPS/Fed Ex/USPS and this is the FIRST time I have ever gotten a package so mangled and in bad shape.

Thx
jonpfl

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Riley Tappan Mora
United States
WINTER GARDEN
FLORIDA
flag msg tools
Still nothing here in Orlando...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Pessano
United States
Tampa
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NY Gators Fan wrote:
Still nothing here in Orlando...

Sorry to hear.

Hopefully you get it soon and it is in good condition!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Simpson
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My friend here in Tampa got his earlier this week with no wet cards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Pessano
United States
Tampa
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
coldkorn wrote:
My friend here in Tampa got his earlier this week with no wet cards

Good to hear, kills the theory someone posted trying to blame the post office in Tampa.

Thx
jonpfl

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Simpson
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's still plenty possible they dropped yours in a giant puddle lol, we've had plenty of rain

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Pessano
United States
Tampa
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
coldkorn wrote:
It's still plenty possible they dropped yours in a giant puddle lol, we've had plenty of rain

Possible but that doesn't explain why my KS cards were loose in my box! If they were wrapped or bagged I wouldn't have a deck of warped cards.

Artipia games did write back to me and said the following :

"Hello Jon,
We are going to send you the SR cards again as soon as possible.
We will use your photos as evidence to the manufacturer that is already informed of the situation.
As soon as we receive replacements from them we will be able to send you a new game box and insert.
Meanwhile enjoy the game!"

I don't know if that means they are waiting to hear from the manufacturer for my KS cards (which would make me mad since they are selling the cards on their website vs making sure their supporters are taken care of first).

Thx
jonpfl

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vangelis Bagiartakis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The stretch goal cards weren't shipped loose. All the packages had them shrink-wrapped and this can be confirmed by anyone here or in the KS comments (only the Space Trip was on its own). I have to admit it's a mystery as to how they ended up the way they did. Perhaps that particular pack wasn't shrink-wrapped very well and it got torn in transit. Perhaps someone at customs opened a pack at random for inspection and it happened to be yours. I can only guess. What I do know is that in any case it was an isolated incident (which once again, anyone who received the game can confirm).

Despite however what happened and who's to blame, you will be getting replacements for all your wet cards - if there is one thing you shouldn't be worried about is that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.