Subject: Non-Player Government Assault rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Drew Thomson
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
This is the end; hold your breath and count to ten; feel the earth move and then; hear my heart burst again
badge
"We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are; one equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will to strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." - Tennyson
mbmbmbmbmb
Flowchart has taken me to Assault.

1) If there are potential spaces for the non-player Government to Assault, but it has no resources to pay for it, does it pass, or does it move on to Eradicate?

Another question, irrelevant in my case because no resources:

2) There seems to be a discrepancy between the flowchart and the rules. The flowchart says that the Government will only Assault in up to 3 spaces with Government cubes and Active insurgents. The rules (8.6.5) don't have that restriction. Am I missing something here? What if there are Govt Troops in a space with Taliban bases but no Active insurgents? Can the Assualt take out a base or not?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sdrewthomson wrote:

1) If there are potential spaces for the non-player Government to Assault, but it has no resources to pay for it, does it pass, or does it move on to Eradicate?

They will pass in this case.

Quote:

2) There seems to be a discrepancy between the flowchart and the rules. The flowchart says that the Government will only Assault in up to 3 spaces with Government cubes and Active insurgents. The rules (8.6.5) don't have that restriction. Am I missing something here? What if there are Govt Troops in a space with Taliban bases but no Active insurgents? Can the Assualt take out a base or not?

My copy of the rules says up to 3 spaces.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Thomson
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
This is the end; hold your breath and count to ten; feel the earth move and then; hear my heart burst again
badge
"We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are; one equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will to strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." - Tennyson
mbmbmbmbmb
drmark64 wrote:
sdrewthomson wrote:

They will pass in this case.

Quote:

My copy of the rules says up to 3 spaces.

Thanks on number 1.

Do your rules say that there needs to be Active insurgents there? What if it's just a base or two? The Govt bot can't take one out with Assault, if it has Govt troops there?

I have second printing rules, if that makes a difference.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oerjan Ariander
Sweden
HUDDINGE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
sdrewthomson wrote:
Do your rules say that there needs to be Active insurgents there? What if it's just a base or two?

Bases are always Active, so Insurgent Bases are included in "Active Insurgents".

Regards,
Oerjan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Thomson
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oerjan wrote:
sdrewthomson wrote:
Do your rules say that there needs to be Active insurgents there? What if it's just a base or two?

Bases are always Active, so Insurgent Bases are included in "Active Insurgents".

Regards,
Oerjan

Aha! That's what I missed then. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.